SegaSonic Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virt

Trollerskates
Meh, I had to get this out. I was just doing my usual routine, listenin' to SegaSonic Radio (it's a computer radio station where you can listen to tons of Sonic songs), when all of a sudden they started playing a completely custom orchestral version of the SRB2 Title theme. I guess SRB2 is well respected enough to get on there (Yes, I know it's not an official station, but still. All the other songs are real Sega songs).

A well-deserved honor. Less impressive than if it had been an official station, but still...wow.

Meh, I had to get this out. I was just doing my usual routine, listenin' to SegaSonic Radio (it's a computer radio station where you can listen to tons of Sonic songs), when all of a sudden they started playing a completely custom orchestral version of the SRB2 Title theme. I guess SRB2 is well respected enough to get on there (Yes, I know it's not an official station, but still. All the other songs are real Sega songs).

I'm pretty sure it's this song right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-RNxDPgu7g

SRB2's theme song actually comes from this song. SSNTails should know more about how it came to be.

I would guess from your post that you are referring to 'Sonic and Knuckles Theme' from Virtual Sonic. SRB2 isn't that well known.

Darn. Anyways, SegaSonic Radio is also where I first heard the original version of Sonic Electronic, and another song by the same guy, I dunno what it's called, but I call it, "Blue Hedgehog".

We actually didn't know it was from Virtual Sonic for a couple years.

You know, after listening to the original version of the song, something about makes me think it belongs more on some mid-90's sitcom where Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are wacky roommates more than anything else. It's a good song, I'll admit, it just gives me that kind of vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back