Fixed Bustable Block Sprite Parameters are broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

No matter which sector effect you pick, the sprite which the game actually uses is always the preceding one. (ie: ROID is actually ROIC, etc.) This also makes using ROII (the last one) impossible.

On that note, why on earth is there a ROIA sector type? Isn't ROIA the default? Get rid of it and extend the possible sprites to ROIJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't kill me:

<MonsterIestyn> EzerArch: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Talk:Bustable_Block_Sprite_Parameter
<MonsterIestyn> See the linked bug report topic, and all is explained
<MonsterIestyn> Though whether the bug there has actually been fixed is another question
<MonsterIestyn> Since nobody seems to have taken notice of that bug topic in particular, it seems. :/
<EzerArch> ^ it'd be way better if they get rid of "sectors" to set the rock sprite. I rather prefer a X/Y offset method.
<MonsterIestyn> I agree entirely
<MonsterIestyn> I suggested that in the suggestions topic some time ago
<EzerArch> X-off sets the sprite, and Y the sound.
<Prime_2> I'd prefer you be able to set that just by entering information into the texture fields
<EzerArch> and the sound?
<Prime_2> But then again, sounds can sometimes be over 8 characters, soo
<EzerArch> for example, I'd like to have a bustable glass FOF [with glass sound].
<MonsterIestyn> Prime: They can?
<EzerArch> or bricks, ice, [wood]
<Prime_2> Not the lump names, monster, but the actual names of the sounds in the code
<EzerArch> Prime_2: "But then again, sounds can sometimes be over 8 characters" --> and the sound number? Linedef 414 Play Sound Effect already searches the sound number [by linedef length. And FOF transparency levels (e.g. #NNN) can be set in texture fields. I don't think that setting sound number by same method would be of much trouble].
cOHFo.png

... just because I have a deep interest in it. :>

EDIT:

Get rid of it and extend the possible sprites to ROIJ.
In fact, this could be up to ROIP (object 299).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back