amyrose3.1.wad Amy Rose 3.1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteRose

I'll Begin and I took nitro_the_hedgehog, SMS, and RGX's amyrose.wad from here and I'll Begin began fixing it up. I fixed the remaining problem with it--her spinning with her hammer.

This version of Amy can double-jump and swing her hammer.

We used Donnyku's falling sprites for two reasons:
1. It makes her hair appear to fly up, which adds a bit of realism...
and
2. Laziness. Heh, but the effect adds a bit of realism. ;P

So here you go!

We used XWE, and I ran it on Wine.

The download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ckz0ms
And a backup mirror, to preserve it after the SendSpace link dies:
http://www.geocities.com/gnulinuxman1986/amyrose-3.0.zip
http://www.geocities.com/gnulinuxman1986/amyrose3.1.zip

Enjoy!

EDIT: If you liked the old one better but want the fixed spinning, I posted that one here: http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?p=133237#133237

EDIT 2: 3.1 fixes it for SRB2JTE!

PIX FOR ALL!

As you can see, I've changed the life-icon text too. I made that for AmyRoseRider.wad and will be placed in the next release.

Thats what it looked like before, and I don't see any difference, good try though, but it doesn't look any different

Connor said:
Thats what it looked like before, and I don't see any difference, good try though, but it doesn't look any different
It was a relatively minor fix, but a much-needed one. We just wanted to finish it off and fix a bunch of problems mentioned in the thread.

Like the spinning glitch--that was something Super Mystic Sonic declared unfixable... but I fixed that one.

I know we used donnyku's falling sprites, but it does give her a "hair flying up" look, so it may be worth keeping. ;)

She has a different ability, her sprites are aligned better, and she doesn't have that annoyying "spin soc" that Amyrose.wad did.

Other than that, I admit it's a pretty minor edit. If I can be bothered than I might fix some of the sprites.

The pupils on her life icon are wonky looking. I'm just glad the useless soc was taken out.

WhiteRose said:
Connor said:
Like the spinning glitch--that was something Super Mystic Sonic declared unfixable... but I fixed that one.

Uh...you actually removed the spinning! The reason I've put in spinning when falling is because of the slower fall ability. Double jump is overused, and it looks dumb when just falling on a enemy and it dies. Thats for Mario only.

Super mystic sonic said:
WhiteRose said:

Uh...you actually removed the spinning! The reason I've put in spinning when falling is because of the slower fall ability. Double jump is overused, and it looks dumb when just falling on a enemy and it dies. Thats for Mario only.
The spinning is still there when she spins the hammer using the spindash button. If you liked the other one better, I fixed the spinning in that one too and posted it here: http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?p=133237#133237

What I ended up doing in both of them was I manually flipped sprites 6, 7, and 8 on L-O and did the offsets again.

Super mystic sonic said:
WhiteRose said:
Connor said:

SMS, why the heck is my name in the quote[offtopic]

Anyway, taking a GOOD look at what you've done to it makes it seem.....significant

WhiteRose said:
The spinning is still there when she spins the hammer using the spindash button.

No, I mean the spinning when falling. It was ment for the old slow fall ability, and didn't really have any bugs, except for the fact Sonic-tachi also start spinning when going into falling animation. But thats not a reason to completely remove spinning. (I'm talking about spinfall, not spindash)

Super mystic sonic said:
WhiteRose said:
The spinning is still there when she spins the hammer using the spindash button.

No, I mean the spinning when falling. It was ment for the old slow fall ability, and didn't really have any bugs, except for the fact Sonic-tachi also start spinning when going into falling animation. But thats not a reason to completely remove spinning. (I'm talking about spinfall, not spindash)
If you really hate it, the original wad is still available. I like this because it seems more Amy-like than the other wads around here to me.

metalsonicmk72 said:
She can spin while running but her spindash still fails to launch after charging.
Amy never had a real spindash in Sonic Team games. Why would she have one here? The point is to use her hammer. It's not supposed to launch her.

metalsonicmk72 said:
She can spin while running but her spindash still fails to launch after charging.

Amy can't spindash in reality. The point of not going forward after having charged is to give her a melee move without having to go forward like spindash. But you can do a running spinning hammer attack, though.

metalsonicmk72 said:
*Offtopic: Actually she can spindash in Sonic Advance 2 & 3.*
It's just like how she has Rocket Accel in Sonic Heroes, it's not a proper spin-dash.

WhiteRose said:
Akuma TH said:
Nice job you two.I liked how you improved it.
Thank you. At least somebody likes it!
I like it. ;)

Anyways, WhiteRose found a problem when loading this WAD in SRB2JTE, where it has the optimised skills for DonnyKu's Amy (as well as stuffing up the hammer attack). A temporary solution he's found is to rename the skin to "AAmy". He's about to upload it with the fix. We've had a little mix-up about the name and ended up renaming the file to amyrose3.1.wad, which I was not going to use unless I updated the sprites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back