Do you like Emulaters?

• Uhhh No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not heard of em...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emulation rox, but it feels different to actually pay for the game.
Compare downloading Super Mario World for free and buying Super Mario World on Wii.

Before anyone flames Kusuto, I'd like to remind you all that you can (according to Dark Warrior) talk about emulators, but not about roms, isos, etc. as the emulators themselves are technically not illeagal.

Before anyone kills the topic, I'd like to recommend Project 64. It's particularly handy with the in-game cheat function. :mrgreen:

Emulation is a useful thing when you want to rip things such as graphics or sound. It also allows for people to dig deeper into a games coding ex. Banjo Kazooie's Stop n' Swap.

Do I use emulation to play games? Mostly not. Like Shuffle said, if you pay for the game, it somehow feels as if you are having a better play experience. I would rather buy Super Mario Advance 4 than download the Super Mario Advance 4 rom. Besides, it is a pain in the good ol' butt to find roms these days...

BlueZero4 said:
I'd like to recommend Project 64.

Meh, Mupen64 is better. It works correctly with Kirby 64 and other games, doesn't have problems with sound sync, and it works with Lemmy's geometry/texture export plugin, as seen in this topic. Besides, you can take Jabo's video/sound/input plugins from PJ64 into Mupen64 and they'll work there.

I use emulators all the time, and I still pay for games when they come out. As said earlier, they're an awesome tool to mess with the games, figure out how they work, and generally muck with the coding.

94% of my gaming over the past 3 years has involved emulation. I can tell you right now, if you don't bother with emulation, you're going to miss out on many, many good games that you'll simply never encounter physical copies thereof without more cash and effort than they're worth.

Ritz said:
94% of my gaming over the past 3 years has involved emulation. I can tell you right now, if you don't bother with emulation, you're going to miss out on many, many good games that you'll simply never encounter physical copies thereof without more cash and effort than they're worth.

Amen to that.

The only reason I use emulators is to mess around in Super Mario 64, and to play mods of Sonic games.

Emulators haved game me alot of great games, such as Seiken Densetsu 3, Shin Megami Tensei I and II, ect..

I owe a lot to emulation, if it didnt exist, So many great games would not have been able to had the chance of being played by millions of people.

I am wondering one thing......... Are emulators agains't the law? Because I might ask my parents if I can download one............. I want to mess around with Kirby And The Crystal Shards and Super Mario Sunshine :P

SuperMecha said:
I am wondering one thing......... Are emulators agains't the law?

No, Those are ROMs (Correct me if I am wrong). I have not yet heard anything about emulators being against the law... So I would think they aren't.

On a side note, I would like to Direct attention to a "Are ROMs against the law?" question.

I would say Yes and No.

Yes because the website in which you got your ROM says the actual game has to be deleted in less than 24 hours if you do not own the game,
And no because if you do so happen to have the ROM for more than 24 hours, Nothing happens, No one tracks you down or anything.

I think that is just a little warning/threatening message that websites give out just to make the people nervos or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back