Sonic Colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just beat the DS version of Colours and I must say, it was simply superb. The smooth transitions from wisp to wisp, the challenging special stages, the gorgeous stage art, the challenging bosses. I loved it all! I love this game to bits and pieces~
I really want to say that the DS ver is better than the Wii one, but I'll wait until I can play the Wii one to say that.

Aw fuck, I stepped on my USB drive and broke it so I can't play Colors anymore. :(

On that note, anyone looked at the wifi leaderboards? They're as bad as Zero Gravity! You can only refresh the page every minute, so if you want to look at another level's scores, you have to wait a minute in between.

I have fully completed the game, yes, all S Ranked, All Red Rings, and Super Sonic. Would've wished they put more special features or extras in the game, because I got bored after.

The game is really good though, but I'm wondering what the 20th anniversary Sonic game is going to be, hopefully they could keep it on the same level as SC.

Supposedly the 20th anniversary Sonic game is going to have the best stages/levels of the past Sonic games that were made. 3D and 2D. This of course is an unconfirmed rumor. Now if I can only find the website I found this information on to show you.

Supposedly the 20th anniversary Sonic game is going to have the best stages/levels of the past Sonic games that were made. 3D and 2D. This of course is an unconfirmed rumor. Now if I can only find the website I found this information on to show you.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/2010/10/new-mario-and-sonic-sonic-20th-anniversary-game-confirmed/

This must be what you're looking for, correct?

On topic though, Only one more day for me until I can play Sonic Colors =D

Aw fuck, I stepped on my USB drive and broke it so I can't play Colors anymore. :(

I think this happened on purpose. ^-^
Official release date is tomorrow (for America) I got Gamestop overnight shipping so I hope it arrives pretty early. I paid premium price for the shipping too.

Well, I've seen the ad on T.V. and it seems like a sonic version of Super Mario Galaxy. Now, It probably has nothing to do with Super Mario Galaxy, but the style of game play seemed similar. Some play is on a 2D plane, and some is in total 3d.
super_sonic_galaxy_ITS_FAKE_by_Darky3335.jpg

Sounds like both versions of this game were huge improvements over how Sega has been doing in the past years and I really enjoyed the demo of the DS Sonic Colors.

I cannot wait to get the game tomorrow, I already pre-ordered it.
I will most definitely get the DS version for Christmas.

My God. Once I get a better video card (my rig's exactly the same as the one used in the video, sans the 5850), I am going to be on this shit.

Oh, I saw that video earlier. Its awesome!
Dolphin does pull the awesome visuals that Sonic Colors has, makes it 100x better!

Haha, no way! Before I had heard of it being called Super Sonic Galaxy, I had started a thread about Sonic Colors called Super Sonic Galaxy over at VGMusic forums. I find it funny that I'm not the only one that called it that!

Oh god, Bigboi was right! StarLight is so AWESOME!

Anyone try the COOP? I've had a lot of fun with my brother with these levels. Yes, we run into issues like going to fast for the other. Though, we were playing at max speeds which could be too fast for us.

I've only got to play the DS Version, and for a sonic game I am very impressed, the gameplay is awesome, the use of the wisps is good and the music is addicting. I just hope I can either buy or rent the Wii version so I can enjoy Colors even more.

Sonic Colo(u)rs...maybe not exactly too "Sonic", but a very fun game either how! I think Starlight Carnival Act 1 is the best Sonic stage since the times after Sonic Heroes!

Starlight Carnival and Asteroid Coaster, how did they come up with the levels of those two zones? They have a few of the best levels around to be created, on the same league, if not, close to levels of the good Sonic games in my opinion. Aquarium Park is another favorite zone of mine, I am glad to underwater travel back in. Almost forgot, the last level is great as well.

The boss for most part were either easy or a little challenging for me except the Asteroid Coaster boss and Aquarium Park boss, both were pretty hard for me at first.

Got the game yesterday and beat in 5 hours. There are not as many cheap deaths as GameTrailer or others may have said, it is really just trial and error, some of the parts that probably were called cheap deaths were the areas where you are on the side of the wall and need to have enough speed and skill with the quickstep to get through or need to be timing your jumps correctly.

Still need to collect the other half of the Red Rings. I was surprised at some of the Sonic Simulator stages, I really do not want to spoil the reason why if it would be spoilers. I really enjoyed all of the ones that I played on so far.

The music became one of my favourites almost instantly, Reach for the Stars is okay but not really that good, and Speak With Your Heart was annoying in my opinion. Sonic's new VA seems to have a lot of emotion in his lines and I really like the fact he got that job after playing through the game. Tail's VA is okay but seems kind of dry on some lines. I really enjoyed the script, as cheesy as some of the line were I was either chuckling or laughing still.

This game is an improvement on how Sega has been doing so far, I hope they keep on getting better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back