Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave Lift off gantry, it's great, especially the laser cannon in act 1. I wouldn't mind it you had space to stop after the first descending stair case in Act 1, I fun down there and fall off the edge occasionally.
Don't worry...I have no intention of scrapping Liftoff Gantry, or, well, anything really. I scrapped and remade Rocket Rampage Zone because it was utterly beyond saving, and I scrapped and remade Eruption Conduit Zone Act 1 because its awkward design made it too frustrating to modify. I believe, however, that all other levels, even the terrible ones, have a chance to become better.

Actually, you can expect a lot in the new version of LGZ. First, there are two new custom textures which are used to create scenery around the level. Second, LGZ2 is getting two new rooms at the beginning, between the horizontal platform room and the first 2D room. The first room is an atomic pile (actually, it's my best rendition of a room from a Tintin adventure), and the second room is a big office space with a bunch of cubicles (Eggman needs his paperwork done too, you know!)

Last edited:
*---<BUGS>---*
(Drowned Downtown Zone 1.)
srb20002a.png

Hmm... it appears I can walk on air. (This is near the end.)

(Drowned Downtown Zone 2.)
srb20003l.png

I am stuck in hurt frames after the water current here, dunno if this should count as a official Bug.

(Drowned Downtown Zone 3.)
I was playing as Tails, there are those 4 Skims which become a hazard once the level fills up with water, I killed them, which then the level is filled to the part where the skims should come after you, then went to take on Eggman, I jump onto the floor in the center and then my screen all of a sudden goes black, and I am greeted with a Crash Message.

Oddly enough, I can't seem to get it to happen again, maybe just a random Crash.

*---<BUGS>---*
(Drowned Downtown Zone 1.)
Hmm... it appears I can walk on air. (This is near the end.)

I am well aware of that, but I plan to do exactly nothing about it. The cause of this "bug" is a 1-fracunit-wide ledge that wraps around that room. That's what you were standing on. The reason it is there is to counteract another, nastier bug...the bug which prevents anything beyond the thok barrier being rendered in places where it adjoins to sectors of a different tag.

Well, FFF, I know you can't change the story, but I was thinking in two quests. Sonic and Doom, like Sonic Riders ZeroG. BTW, I'm a rookie level creator, so Shooting Star Zone, that's when Eggman falls on Eeturia, will not come so soon.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Huhh... Hey, SonicX8000, what mod are u using for the HUD be this? I want it! Can you show me where to find?

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Forget my first post then. It's repeated.
FFF, I REALLY need lights on the tunnel at the beginning of DD2. I always fall in the pit because I can't see where I'm going, even with maximum bright on the screen! PLEASE!!!!

Well, FFF, I know you can't change the story, but I was thinking in two quests. Sonic and Doom, like Sonic Riders ZeroG. BTW, I'm a rookie level creator, so Shooting Star Zone, that's when Eggman falls on Eeturia, will not come so soon.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Huhh... Hey, SonicX8000, what mod are u using for the HUD be this? I want it! Can you show me where to find?

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Forget my first post then. It's repeated.
FFF, I REALLY need lights on the tunnel at the beginning of DD2. I always fall in the pit because I can't see where I'm going, even with maximum bright on the screen! PLEASE!!!!
Try turning up the contrast and also press f11 ingame

Hey, guys, I just spent all afternoon working on a gimmick to make the button puzzle in GCZ2 more interesting. See, now there is a circle of giant hourglasses surrounding the puzzle. The moment you press the first button, the sand in the hourglasses starts trickling down. If you can press all the buttons before the time runs out, the hourglasses shatter and the door to the room ahead opens up. If you run out of time...well, I would NOT run out of time if I were you.

How would that work for coop? If someone fails at it then everyone is stuck.

If you run out of time...well, I would NOT run out of time if I were you.
Let me guess, the room goes dark, and some spiked ceiling comes to life and scary music plays while the ceiling slowly comes down to give you a gruesome death, right?

It is my GraphicX8000 Wad that makes some sprites/HUD look different. Look in Miscellaneous to find it. It is a old version so don't ask me for the current version that I have, please.

He didn't confirm exactly what was going to happen. They may not get stuck, depends.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Let me guess, the room goes dark, and some spiked ceiling comes to life and scary music plays while the ceiling slowly comes down to give you a gruesome death, right?

Is that even possible? I've been wondering... the cieling part.

Is that even possible? I've been wondering... the cieling part.
Which some sector/linedef tags that make the Ceill HT drop with there are upside down spikes on it, it could.

One tag could have the room go dark, then it might trigger another tag which makes the ceiling appear to have spikes, then finally, it slowly comes down and kills you.

Don't worry, guys...let me assure you that while the thing that happens is awful to the player who happens to be there, the room reverts itself after maybe 5 seconds or so, allowing other players to proceed. In fact, in Coop, it would make it significantly easier for future players, since it only triggers once.

Also, it's got nothing to do with spikes or the ceiling. And it's pretty sudden, too.

1) Please fix some of the dark rooms in lift off gantry, it makes spotting lasers and enemies stupidly annoying.
2) When is 6.0 expected, week or so?

I don't really know when 6.0 is going to come out. I'm actually a tad worried whether I'm going to complete it before I head off to college. I'd still try to get it done after that, but I wouldn't have anywhere near as much time to do it.

Double-post goodness! (Sorry, but I need this answer as quickly as possible, and to do that I need to bump the topic.)

I'm experimenting with a couple of new textures in FSZ. I am considering adding pipe openings on the walls of some of the textures (not all of them, just some), but I'm not quite sure it looks right. What do you guys think?

2zp4e1d.png

2m7b0g5.png

I AM BEING WATCHED! THOS EYES! I like the idea in general, but there is a ridiculous overflow of these pipes. You should use them very sparingly, only every now and then. Just like with the severely overused graffiti and moss in DDZ, the effect here is just horrendous when overdone. Also, they look too two-dimensional. WHy don't you just add some sector-based pipes instead of drawing them onto the textures?

You know...I could probably add in the pipes as custom middle textures, so they could be placed as needed instead of patterned across the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back