• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Srb2 - Srb2k6regenerated mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah! alot more reviews than I suspected! I appreciate the reviews guys thanks. They pointed out alot of problems. There were some that I agreed with and disagreed, but most I agreed. In the next beta, the common problems, and ones that I agreed with shall be fixed in the half mod beta.

Oh boy...the one we all agree on is the surfboard part. yes? Yes, that will sure be fixed, and the boss were a little dissapointing. Silver needs a health and attack updates, and Eggman, well he was suppose to be simple, though that one problem I mentioned...I think another one was the rings. I really don't see them as uneccasariness, but I will add more rings, so the player could easily get into the level. I will update the action levels, but not spend so much time on it. I think, there pretty decent at the moment, but they do need revamp. Um, for Simsmagic, I could probably add in a skip "tutorial missions" box, so you don't have to do the tutorial over and over again, oh and the "robo-blast bounce" thing...Yeah, I don't think I'll add X's under the enemies. It does seem a little lame. It'll just be free choice. Um, that's all that I found that I thought really needed to make this mod real decent. But yeah! Feel free to add in more comments, questions, and...reviews. There might still be some problems in there...

So heads up! New HUB worlds, New city, and Soleanna Forest; New Action stages, White Acropolis, Crisis City, Flame Core, and Radical Train; New Boss, Mephiles. inluding probably side missions and new items... here we COME!

I tried making a branch of it, but I don't know how to. No one told me specifically how to add it to the tree right. I need specific details on how to add it because I'm not familiar with the Tortoise SVN...

Oh, about the X thing under enemies.

A lot of the time, there wasn't a single enemy under the X. So what was the point?

Oh, about the X thing under enemies.

A lot of the time, there wasn't a single enemy under the X. So what was the point?

You went past the X, and they saw you. They stand still because they're facing the opposite direction, so if you go in front of them, they move.

I tried making a branch of it, but I don't know how to. No one told me specifically how to add it to the tree right. I need specific details on how to add it because I'm not familiar with the Tortoise SVN...

You can use one of Alam's ports, and modify it to load STHRE files.

All right, I gave this a shot, and apart from the actual next-gen concept itself (but that's understandable), I found it to be quite solid.

The ring hunting in the HUB stage is pointless because all you have to do is go forward and collect all rings you see. Hide some rings where the player has to look for them, and put more rings in total than are necessary to progress.

Wave Ocean looked nice and played OK. I guess there shouldn't be too much difficulty in such an early zone, so that was OK. There were too many spots that contained nothing but flat running in beautiful landscapes though. The surfboard section suffers from bad controls, and the crusher idea is just awful. Thanks to the dash panels, you survive when you aim directly at the crushers, and die if you try to avoid them.

Dusty Desert was entered into the OLDC once, wasn't it? Whatever, the first part looks to 1.09.4-like, and is severely lacking texture variation (and I still don't know why Kyasarin out of all people didn't note that). The second part is much better in that regard. The platforming is again solid, and I like the gargoyle idea. There could be a bit more though in terms of gimmicks, since a stage of that length starts getting tiresome after a while if there's nothing to hold your interest. But then again, I don't remember any parts that were actually bad.

One thing needs to be addressed though: Enemy placement. Crawlas in every stage is just ridiculous, especially when there are already several different enemies. Use only enemies that fit the environment, like the Snappers in Wave Ocean, and the Minuses in Dusty Desert. Crawlas are useless as enemies, and an eyesore when used in the wrong context. They clash horribly with the sand textures, and they don't look too good in a beach setting either.

(and I still don't know why Kyasarin out of all people didn't note that).
I lol'd

Yes, it was held in an old contest. BUT!
The level entered was only half of the current version, half the length and fun.

Yeah, I agree with the overabuse of crawlas. I guess they are ok when you use them for Robo bounce though.

Dusty Desert was entered into the OLDC once, wasn't it? Whatever, the first part looks to 1.09.4-like, and is severely lacking texture variation (and I still don't know why Kyasarin out of all people didn't note that). The second part is much better in that regard.

The level is partly mine, and while it is pretty obvious that the textures back then were bland, I had very little to work with for that theme, seeing as it was back during 1.09.4.

I don't see why Thompson didn't just change some of the textures when he put his parts of the level into mine.

The level is partly mine, and while it is pretty obvious that the textures back then were bland, I had very little to work with for that theme, seeing as it was back during 1.09.4.

I don't see why Thompson didn't just change some of the textures when he put his parts of the level into mine.
Ah, I remember. Yeah, back in 1.09.4, there wasn't much else to be used, but that has changed drastically. Thompson himself showed that is his part of the level, and the older part should really get a visual overhaul. I also feel it has barely been touched in general.

Because it hasn't.

Besides a large amount of crawlas and other enemies being added, the only other thing that was changed was the position of the rooms. You don't enter the big tower area so early in the level, and the window outside has stairs instead of a path there.

Since it was my part of the level, I'm assuming that Thompson didn't want to change anything without my permission, but I told him when I gave it to him that he could change what he wanted.

Something you might wanna fix Thompson

srb20095.png

These pillars complete the level o_O.

Hey, I got to say (sorry if I'm breaking in on a running thread here), but this is the best wad for SRB2 I have ever played! Nice job! Can't wait to see the next version!

Hey, I got to say (sorry if I'm breaking in on a running thread here), but this is the best wad for SRB2 I have ever played! Nice job! Can't wait to see the next version!

1: It's not a single wad. There is an EXE for it (I dunno whats so different about it, least not as of now) and more to it than that.
2: It's two levels, two pointless ring hunts, one stupid mission, and 2 bosses. Far more better wads have a lot more than that, and while the stage design is good (aside from the GODDAMN SUICIDAL SURFING), I am certain there are far more better wads than this (even just single-level ones).

Speaking of, I'll give this a review when I stop being lazy and decide to rantwrite about it.

Far more better wads have a lot more than that
Really? I can't actually remember too many level packs that have more content and are better yet, and I guess that won't change that much until either KOTE or Blade release a demo.

Hey, I noticed a problem with this EXE (thanks for clearing that for me D00D64). Let's say you complete the first mission and then Wave Ocean. You go back to Soleanna Castletown. You then decide to quit the game. When you come back, you have to complete the mission and then Wave Ocean again. Is there some way this can be fixed?

@D00D64: What are you talking about? This mod is AWESOME! It's just in the beginning stages now. Wait till more comes out. You might change your mind.

Hey, I noticed a problem with this EXE (thanks for clearing that for me D00D64). Let's say you complete the first mission and then Wave Ocean. You go back to Soleanna Castletown. You then decide to quit the game. When you come back, you have to complete the mission and then Wave Ocean again. Is there some way this can be fixed?

It's the gamedata. I had it fixed before, to where you can keep continue from your saving point, but I changed a few things and it started acting up again. I just said screw when I released it. I didn't think it'd be a big deal, since there isn't many levels...It's pretty much a 10 minute beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back