Wow... The Sonic Movie Trailer is Finally Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wha- A fan-film? Well, given that fans have collaberated to make full-fledged games before, anything's possible, I guess.

I'm no ardent supporter of the Archie-verse, but this genuinely strikes me as impressive.

It's a fan project; things with no budget take time. :P

That looks pretty good. I'd like to see how they pull it off.

This movie looks promising but its kinda weird that's its based on the Archie comic book.

The drawings aren't very good. And if its going to be finished in 2011. I bet the drawings will totally change near the ending of the movie.

Whoa...for a moment there, I thought this topic was going to be about a live-action commercial box-office Sonic movie...oh my god, that would be awful.

Ewww, SatAM. Thank God Sonic at least doesn't look like the dork he was in that show.

The animation very good as far as fan projects are concerned, and I'm not at all surprised that we'd have to wait almost two years to get the full thing, if it's a low budget project with limited crew.

*Prays that the SA and SA2 voice actors, especially Ryan Drummond, sees this and would like to voice out on the movie*

Seriously, if that happens, Sega would notice it and want the old actors back...

If you wanna know, here's why the old actors were fired...

A moderator from the Sonic Kingdom forums. said:
SEGA wanted to hire Mike Pollock to replace Deem Bristow after his death, but 4Kids wanted it to be a package deal, Yuji Naka (being the silly little man he is) decided that the casts for the games should be the same as Sonic X, so instead of hard balling and hiring Pollock (or someone else) they hired the entire 4Kids cast and their studios and fired Ryan Drummond, Lani Manella (it was her company Audio Godz that produced the English versions) and the rest, without giving them any notice. What's really silly is that 4Kids isn't even listed as the recording studio in the new Sonic games, which means that SEGA just hires the individual actors, something they should have done in the first place.

Seriously, Yuji Naka... That was a REALLY pathetic move, you put Sonic in jeopardy!

Problem is, awesome... This movie was official at one point. Then for some unknown bullcrap reason the plug was pulled.

Wow, looks like it'll be a voicless story, kinda like the Subspace Emissary.

I instantly approve.

Oh for-

Does nobody read anymore?

A. It is NOT SatAM only. It will be taking elements from ALL PARTS OF THE SONIC FRANCHISE. The games, the comics, AND the shows.

B. The voice actors HAVE ALREADY BEEN DECIDED. There WILL be voices, just not Ryan Drummond or any of them. Sure, it'll be amateurs, but even amateur actors can be good (see: Star Wreck).

C. SEGA was supporting it at one point, then pulled the plug. Hence, it is a wholly-fanmade endeavor.

Actually read everything (INCLUDING the FAQ, there's a link to it) before commenting.

Last edited:
Dude, calm the heck down before you pop a vein or something. Consider that a warning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back