Thok Barrier is being an idiot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggmanfan

So I was making a map for a level pack I'm starting... and the Thok Barrier keeps doing this

srb20088.png

They are both the same sector, and tagged with the same FOF and if I move the one to the left to fix it, the right one messes up, it's getting very annoying, and the worst part is that it continues throughout the rest of the Thok barrier and it looks very crappy
srb20090.png

srb20089.png

^ ^ ^The thok barrier there isn't put in yet... I just need help on fixing it.

Just a suggestion, but have you tried using two different control sectors for the different areas?

I will try that

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

That should fix it thanks

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Sorry but it didn't work, I tried moving the FOF, moving the celing and the floor, and I tried removing the texture on the wall behind it, but still nothing, it's always just there... I'm going to try and change the texture and see if it's just glitching... Ok so it works well with everyother texture except GHZWAL06... I'm not sure why it's doing this I'm just going to fiddle with it... Nevermind fixed it, all I had to do was modify the height of the fof to make it match SRB2's rendring of it... weird anyway go ahead and lock the topic

Last edited:
I am also having problems with the thok barrier. You see, I'm building a level just to test out SRB2DB and to get some experience, and no matter what I do, I still can't keep sonic from walking right through the walls, and I even followed the wiki. Anybody know what's happening?

I am also having problems with the thok barrier. You see, I'm building a level just to test out SRB2DB and to get some experience, and no matter what I do, I still can't keep sonic from walking right through the walls, and I even followed the wiki. Anybody know what's happening?

Are you sure you made the floor and ceiling the same height?

Did you draw the thok barrier first or last? Should be done first, then draw all the sectors inside it.

Thok barriers work the same whether they are done first or last - that wouldn't necessarily solve the problem.

Now question is, how thick is the thok barrier? Last I remember, thok barriers should be at least 32 fracunits wide to prevent Sonic from thokking through or something similar.

Thok barriers work the same whether they are done first or last - that wouldn't necessarily solve the problem.
Yeah, but if you do it last you have to trace around the outside of the stage as well. It's much easier just to build inside a huge square and then mould it around the stage section when it's done. Simply building a square around the finished section last will just cause problems since the outside of that stage section is still a one-sided linedef.

I actually tried what pyro said and made both the Ceiling and floor height 0, and it worked.
Now the only thing I need done to complete the test level is this.

I actually tried what pyro said and made both the Ceiling and floor height 0, and it worked.
Now the only thing I need done to complete the test level is this.

A clear wall that you can go through? So that's like making no sector at all. =/ UNLESS you want to make a visible wall that you can walk through, use intangible FOFs

A clear wall that you can go through? So that's like making no sector at all. =/ UNLESS you want to make a visible wall that you can walk through, use intangible FOFs

No, what I mean is a sector for things like the end of level, where there IS a sector but no walls show up, but every time I try to make that, either I have to put some textures in making the sector show up in game, or a hall of mirrors shows up.

Separate sectors can have exactly the same settings, y'know. So if you wanted to make an Exit Sector without making it higher or lower than the surrounding sector, just draw the sector, set Exit Sector as the sector type, and done. No graphical issues or anything.

Separate sectors can have exactly the same settings, y'know. So if you wanted to make an Exit Sector without making it higher or lower than the surrounding sector, just draw the sector, set Exit Sector as the sector type, and done. No graphical issues or anything.
thanks, it worked. It would probably be helpful to move this information to the thread I started, since this is for the thok barrier (I don't mean to back seat moderate, but it is true) Plus if anyone else has the same problem, they can go there to find the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back