Official Level Design Contest: March/April

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the idea is that Single Player levels are fair game as far as custom whatever goes. So, if it enhances the level, go the extra mile. I'm already thinking of adding a sprite that says "wrong way doofus", myself.

Why? Like I'd tell.

hotdog003 said:
The Matrix Cometh...

Do I have permission to change a sprite?
XMS1A0 (the Christmas Pole) to a sign that says "BUTTON HERE"?
That way, it will be esier to tell what's a button or not.
The Single Player levels will not be compiled into a single pack. Hence, you can go hog-wild and do whatever you want to do.

God, I still haven't started my wad... Perhaps I'll sit this contest out.

Ritz said:
You've got two months. Generally it takes about a week to make a decent 1 player stage, and less than a day to make a good match stage if you're fast.

If you're doing your first attempt at a single player stage, two to three weeks is probably more than enough to make one.

You've got an insane amount of time, so absolutely no pressure to do anything fast.

Mystic said:
Ritz said:
You've got two months. Generally it takes about a week to make a decent 1 player stage, and less than a day to make a good match stage if you're fast.

A week?! It takes me WAY more time than that.

Shuffle said:
Mystic said:
Ritz said:

A week?! It takes me WAY more time than that.
Maybe I've just hit way too damned efficient. Most of my early stuff took me 2 weeks to make a single act.

It took me about 2 weeks to make Shrouded Terminal, the rest of the time before the submission period ended I just aligned textures and did other small things to it. I seem to have gotten slower with time... Well, lazier anyways.

It took me about a month to finish Techno Mountain. Most of that time I was doing nothing.

The earlier conversation about life's similarities to video games almost reminds me of Mr. Resetti (Animal Crossing)

"I have come here on behalf on Nintendo to tell you that LIFE DOES NOT HAVE A RESET BUTTON."

In fact...

*makes that his signiture*

This is somewhat off-topic, but if you score 5 kills in SSBM's cruel meele mode, you get the Mr. Resetti trophy. Afterwards, if you restart the game, Mr.Resetti will appear and start screaming at you. Or so I've heard.

Hm, I might enter a map..whether it's a match or not, I don't know. Technicly, It'll be my first wad that isn't messing with random things...

I'm entering the SP division. The map I'm making has recieved alot of praise from the people I've shown it to on IRC, so it looks like it will do quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back