SRB2 sometimes doesn't accept keyboard input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden

local source code mangler
Sometimes, when I boot up the game using the SRB2 Launcher, I find that the game doesn't allow keyboard input past the intro cutscene..

EDIT: Doesn't seem to happen when SRB2 is opened using the provided batch files...

If it does not allow keyboard input, what happens if you switch to another window and then back, or click in the SRB2 window? Does it then allow keyboard input after doing that?

It never shown a box saying "LOST FOCUS" like it usually does when it actually loses focus though.. Weird.

I use StartSRB2 and this happens to me on a regular basis, but it's very inconsistent as to when it happens. Normally I just need to click inside the game window (which is basically anywhere on the screen since it's in fullscreen) to get it to start registering input.
This is especially bothersome because I'll think I'm controlling the game and I'll mash enter to get through the intro but instead I end up opening a billion other instances of SRB2.

Which launcher do you use? I use SF94's launcher and I've never encountered an issue of this sort. It could be a startSRB2 exclusive issue.

Oddly enough it is SF94's launcher that causes it :I
Also, on jazz's server, I randomly lost the ability to input anything to the game directly. I had to use a console to even say anything..

EDIT: Forgot to include that I had to close and reopen the game for it to accept input again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back