Do not ask where to find addon files (Help in topic text)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuffle

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Addons can be found the following ways:

A) Use the search button! It's there to help you find old posts, some of which include the wads you want.
B) Browse the Addons & More section. This is where most wads are released.
C) Browse the Works in Progress section. Sometimes people might post their complete or WIP wads in here.
D) If all else fails, Google it. Type the exact file name into Google and put quotes around it.

If you can't find the addon after carefully following each of these steps, then the file is either private or hasn't been released yet. In this case, try asking around the SRB2 Discord server (an invite is on the sidebar of srb2.org). If you know who created the addon, you can ask them on the Discord server or send them a private message.

Don't make posts asking where to find addons. They will be locked and/or deleted. If you can't find them yourself, tough luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was wondering how long it would take for somone to make a topic like this, my count, .... i lost count :P

Sorry for being a cloud on everyone's sunshine, but this is really a double-edged sword. Sure, it shuts up the newbies asking questions about readily-available WADs, but then there's the occasional obscure WAD that you seriously can't find anywhere (for instance, I need another copy of Incomplete Xmas Zone so I can, well, complete it, but the contest topic's link is dead, and following pretty much all the above steps results in jack). What're you supposed to do if you're looking for that sort of thing? With this rule in place, you're completely stuck - which is very-much anti-productive, to be blunt.

I guess Incomplete Xmas Zone will REMAIN incomplete, then. Seems like you can't get any help locating it here, now can you?

If it's a contest level, it would be on the Addons section. Otherwise, try IRC. If it's your OWN WAD, that's a different matter than if it's just some n00b trying to get us to do the searching for him.

Don't make posts asking where to find wads, they will be locked and/or deleted. If you can't find them yourself, tough luck.

Fuck.

The guy was a troll, and he was pretty much insta-banned by SSNTails. He wasn't trying to accomplish anything but trolling.

Re: Do not ask where to find wadfiles (help inside)

to Crush40
Shuffle said:
Wads can be found the following ways:

A) Use the search button! It's there to help you find old posts, some of which include the wads you want.
B) Browse the Releases section. This is where most wads are released.
C) Browse the Editing section. Sometimes people might post their complete or WIP wads in here.
4) Browse the addons section on srb2.org. Most wads end up here
E) If all else fails, Google it. Type the exact wadfilename into Google and put quotes around it.

If you can't find the wad after carefully following each of these steps, then the wadfile is either private or hasn't been released yet. In this case, try going to the #srb2fun chatroom (instructions on srb2.org).

Don't make posts asking where to find wads, they will be locked and/or deleted. If you can't find them yourself, tough luck.

sonickku123 said:
ok let me search...a ha! i founded it! :D

finded what?
http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=10565

http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=2982

His reference to sonicku123 was one year. His reference to Crush40 was two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back