time attack help

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlejust

Annoyed-by-my-lame-username
i went and did 1 minute on gfz using tails the total play time was 7 25 43.then i went and used sonic and got it under 13 seconds but at my total play time its says 7:27:54

"Total Play Time" is not the time you are trying to lower. You want to lower your times on the individual levels. Total play time measures how long you've been playing the game since you first ran it.

Thus, you've played SRB2 for 7 hours, 27 minutes, and 54 seconds so far.

GF1 under 13 seconds?

If true that beats SprintGod, and you should go track him down.

Look up all nine individual level times in the statistics, and then you can put them into this to see how close or how far away you are.

If you are trying to get it done so you can unlock the Time Attack bonus, switch the game into debug mode; the timer doesn't run when you do that. I can't remember the command for doing it though, so you'll have to ask someone here.

Wow, I never would have guessed people would abuse objectplace so much.

It's supposed to be a harmless little editing feature, you guys.

Crap......I think it may have been -devmode. I can't remember. All I did for time attack was use the command, and it took me into this mode that seemed like some sort of item placement function.

Blue Blur answered you, it's objectplace.

What was the point of cheating anyway, when it doesn't give you anything but a drawing of some enemies? The time attack bonus essentially gives you nothing but bragging rights, like beating the game on Ultimate. Do you think you're really good for finding a bug in SRB2?

No, Devmode isn't a command line parameter. You go into the game, and type it in without the console. It gives you XYZ cords, which is very usefull to level designers, and player stats like how long you can be underwater for, and how fast you're moving. Also, if you press "Tab", then it shows you where you are in the level!

a441 said:
-debug doesn't really let you cheat.
It DOES let you switch skins and use the map and stuff, so that's good for map testing. I tend to use devmode more because it has those positioning numbers and stuff, highly useful if you want to know how high you need to place a downward spring or something.

hotdog003 said:
Meh, I've gotten under 5 minutes with Time Attack courtesy of SPMoves and Chaos Controll.
seriously i never cheated either... i need cheats though like hey does the timer still keep your record if you use cheats like noclip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back