OpenGL md2 lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gens

While using OpenGL my fps is usually 35/35 but when I use md2 it lags
specs: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00 GHZ 2.60 GHZ
8.00 GB Ram
64 bit operating system x64-based processor

OpenGL soooorrrrttttrt ooooffffff relies more on your GPU. But since its implementation is horrible you're bound to get lag if you use a large number of MD2s no matter what you do because hey drawing polygons is hard. Here are two things I might suggest:

• Make sure SRB2 is running on your dedicated GPU (if you have one) rather than on integrated graphics, this did increase performance for me a little even though my dedicated GPU is 10 million times better than the integrated Intel mess.
  • Remove stuff like Rings MD2, there's too many Rings to draw for this to even be remotely acceptable in SRB2's case.

How do you "Make sure SRB2 is running on your dedicated GPU"? I couldn't figure out a way to test that.

You have to modify the md2.dat using Notepad or another text editor and remove the line responsible of the loading the Ring model so the game doesn't replace the rings with a model that is not found / a model it can't load.

How do you "Make sure SRB2 is running on your dedicated GPU"? I couldn't figure out a way to test that.

I don't remember how to CHECK exactly, but you can right click on any application, then click on "Run with graphic processor..." and select the one you want. Additionally you can change default settings from there so that it's always chosen over integrated graphics.

WsZjNRm.png

...The hell you talkin' 'bout?

Even shift-right clicking just brings up compatibility and user options!

EDIT: Ok, apparently it's an NVIDIA control panel thing that you can add to your right click menu.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back