OpenGL renderer overhaul progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is practically hopeless, but PLEASE don't respond to such shitty posts. Anyone with a brain can tell that post is awful, and it got an infraction, so just ignore it so we can move on.

I know this is still offtopic, but I'd just like to point out that furyhunter's post was referring to the broken hardware Root mentioned.
Monster psychic cat, you said you had a working Intel chipset, so furyhunter's "That's your problem" wasn't directed to you. He said that even though it might be old (and probably not that powerful) it would still make sense to try supporting it.

Something without importance and offtopic maybe, why the coronas and dynamic lighting get removed after the older versions ?

Last edited:
For render parity. Ideally, the two renderers should be as close to each other as possible. Granted, MD2s throw this off, but people in general seem to miss dynlights less than they'd miss MD2s if they were gone.

When the OGL revamp is finished and becomes the default renderer, hopefully we'll be able to start implementing more things that are impractical in software. Like re-adding lights.

I'd just like to say that I think the whole Palette thing is really cool. I've always been intrigued by graphical workarounds, so this is actually really cool to me.

(also, Rest in peace Opengl thread.)

So I've been meaning to ask Furyhunter since you're rebuilding Srb2's OpenGL mode completely, does this mean we could have more advanced map designs since the lag from software mode would no longer be an issue? I love using sector decorations but software mode would lag on large areas with my 3GHZ Intel CPU. By large I mean 8000-10000x 8000-10000y etc. (I have my reasons for that size even though it produces errors if not done correctly.)

Would Srb2's view distance also be affected by this redesign?

I'd also like to say even though you guys are pretty strict sometimes you do a wonderful job on the game itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back