I haven't found a rule for this but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not really. On one hand, it's a huge security risk; on the other hand, it's asking for netgames on the forum, which we don't allow.

Forum Rule said:
5. Don’t ask for netgames in the forum. Use the chat room or the master server to set up netgames.

That really means any kind of form of asking netgames just for a P.S.
So, it means you cannot do anything of asking netgames in the forum, that includes:

• PM members asking to play a netgame.
    Make a topic about playing a netgame.
    Making a post about it.

That's pretty much all I know.

Nickrawls08 said:
PM members asking to play a netgame.

Ok I understand every other point but you cant PM about a netgame... isnt PM (Private Messaging) supposed to be private and as off topic as you want?

I think I'd better read the privacy policy again I guess...

The admins have the right to violate your privacy, read the messages, and ban you if they see fit.

Mystic, along with a couple other staff members, has the ability to read PMs sent out on this message board. This is done to ensure that nobody breaks the rules through that system. However, as Mystic once said, "it's not like [he'll] read up on your private lives or anything."

As for me, I may be an admin, but I don't have the ability to read others' PMs, as I do not have access to the database, as far as I know.

PMs != the general forum. Yes, Mystic and anyone with database access can read your PMs, but in general, PMing keeps things private, as in Private Messaging. As you aren't crowding up the forum, if you and a friend want to set up a netgame through PM, it should be fine. Obviously, this isn't a license to spam every member with "netgame plz", but oh well.

Besides, we barely have enough admins to cover our public posts-I doubt any of them will take the time to read PMs uinless necessary (or addressed to them :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back