This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

gregeroni

The King of Swing, Donkey Kong, races onto a track near you!

After playing SRB2 Kart and listening to Amy's amazingly BM voice lines ("I pity you") I was inspired to create a version of my favorite voiced kart character, the king of bananas himself. I hope you all get the same joy out of DK's vigorous yelling that I do - and the racer himself is a fully made from scratch bonus!

Hit the track and do a dance to this mad monkey's tune!

Updated to version 1.5!

Attachments

• ezgif-6-20a26f33aa3a.gif
    ezgif-6-20a26f33aa3a.gif
    6.9 MB · Views: 3,412
  • kart0001.gif
    kart0001.gif
    5.3 MB · Views: 2,145
  • kart0003.gif
    kart0003.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,913
  • KCL_DONK-v1.6.1.zip
    232.6 KB · Views: 3,665
Last edited:
Wow, I'm really surprised such a well drawn character was made in such a short amount of time. Were you already working on it prior to Kart's release? No problems here, welcome to Releases!

Wow, I'm really surprised such a well drawn character was made in such a short amount of time. Were you already working on it prior to Kart's release? No problems here, welcome to Releases!

I started drawing DK late Friday night, and did nothing except draw DK for like 16 hours. It's actually been a long time since I got so lost in something that I lost the time! But I had a lot of fun making him.

Oh boy...

It is time to EXPAND?
im so regreted of this joke right now.

Baby, you know it.

Mah BOI is finally heeere!
Ya'll know what time it iiiiiis!
tumblr-inline-mqrh26j-IU11qz4rgp.jpg

LOL I couldn't help it. In all seriousness, awesome job on the original sprites, mah dood!

Jeez, you must have some fast art skills to whip up something this good so fast. The first member of the DK Crew looks excellent with the rest of the cast.

Donkey Kong has been updated!

• DK found an old closet in his banana hoard, and inside was a slew of new ties! Thanks to Maximus Universal and Tripel the fox's work, DK has a snazzy new tie for every color.
  • DK's stats have been updated to match his speed and weight stat in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. This has made him much faster, but also more difficult to handle!
  • When DK wins, he'll replace the goal sign with a new sprite referencing Donkey Kong Country!
  • DK now has proper squished sprites. When I thought that being squished let you drive around for a bit, having the Super Circuit sprites
    as a small easter egg made sense - but as it turns out, that's not how they work! So now DK won't bizarrely switch sprites.
  • With a better understanding of what sound files go where, DK has a much more fitting voice clip for going invincible or becoming big.
    Expand your horizons and chase the opponents down!
  • There was an issue with BlueBlurForever (Dimpsy)'s Carbuncle where it would trade sound files with the Chao. In an edge case with
    Chrispy's Pointy Sonic Drift, one of DK's sound files would also get clobbered.
    To that end, DK's voice clips have all been renamed to be much less generic and should avoid this issue in the future.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back