What makes up a good boss zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahblahbal

Act 3 FTW!!
I'm not sure exactly what makes up a good boss zone, but here is something I made. Is it a decent boss level, or is it too big?

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Sorry to keep doing this, but I really am serious about this(and just a side note: I'm always serious when I say something unless I state otherwise).

Seriously! Come on people! This is important! I really want to be a good level designer, and to do that, I need your feedback!

Sorry, people like me are just too damn lazy to even touch SRB2. Plus you'd probably get more feedback if you enticed people to download the wad with some screenshots.

Sorry, people like me are just too damn lazy to even touch SRB2. Plus you'd probably get more feedback if you enticed people to download the wad with some screenshots.
Oh. I'll add some screenshots during lunch, if I can(lunch is only 35 minutes long at my school).

I can't look at the wad, but I can say what I believe makes a good boss zone in one word.

Originality.

Even if you use the tried-and-true eggmobile, it will not survive outside of a mod unless you include some obstacles to make it more interesting. (FF's Egg Flamer is an excellent example of a good boss, also the Mystic Realm boss is rather original) Here are a few things to check:

Does the boss feel tailor-made for the zone or transplanted?
Does the boss act play any differently from GFZ3, THZ3, DSZ3, ERZ3?
Does the boss fit where it belongs on the difficulty curve?
Does the boss play well no matter which character the player is using?
Are sufficient rings provided for the player?
Are the visuals consistent with the boss, the zone, the gameplay?

Other people who have actually made good boss levels may be able to provide you with better feedback, but I hope this helps anyway.

i have test it, but when the player starts, you are in a little room without textures (except the floor)
Do0 a review, i can take to you a example

Uhh... What?? Lemme download it and see. *downloads*

EDIT: It works fine for me, so I don't know...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back