Map Making

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTW

Call me Sig!
OK, I've known SRB2 for some time now. But whenever it comes to map making, I keep getting confused. I took the tutorial at the wiki, but it still doesn't work for me. Can anyone give a visual and exact tutorial for 2.0?

guy, you will have towork very very hard to learn, I has the same problem in the basic tutorial, but now I can't understand the water tutorial, and everyone seems don't care about this, its hard someone post a tutorial for you.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

guy, you will have towork very very hard to learn, I has the same problem in the basic tutorial, but now I can't understand the water tutorial, and everyone seems don't care about this, its hard someone post a tutorial for you.

OK, I've known SRB2 for some time now. But whenever it comes to map making, I keep getting confused. I took the tutorial at the wiki, but it still doesn't work for me. Can anyone give a visual and exact tutorial for 2.0?

Sorry, but I have to say your question is vague and too generic. I'd have to write 20 pages explaining how to make maps. So, what do you want to learn first?

Plus, I leaned map making by this tutorial: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/SRB2_Doom_Builder_Tutorial. This was enough to get stated, for me.

everyone seems don't care about this

I was you, I wouldn't say that. Why do we have a Wiki then?

Last edited:
The entire idea of tutorials is to learn the basics. After you've got yourself on your feet, you need to know the basics really, really well for when you're making the level itself.

That said, there seems to be this mentality from new mappers that they're going to learn how to map instantly and start cranking out juggernauts like ERZ2. After that ambition goes away, that's usually what separates the men from the n00bs.

Last edited:
The level design tutorial is not outdated, really. A few objects might have changed around but the basics of level design are exactly the same.

Just do what I did when I started making maps: scrap the tutorials! Whatever it is you want to do, find an official map where it is. If you havn't already, make a copy of srb2.srb and rename it as a .wad file. Open up that file, find the map where your... thing, whatever it is... exists, load it up, find it by any means necessary, and try to adapt it to your purposes. I did it, and in five minutes I had never-before-used (for me) linedef executors, special FOFs, and anything else that I would need up and running.

Last edited:
I had used this trick often, too.
But had often checked the wiki.
Sometimes I used experimental maps to check the function XYZ (which means a function out of many)

I had used this trick often, too.
But had often checked the wiki.
Sometimes I used experimental maps to check the function XYZ (which means a function out of many)

me too

BlueZero4
what do you say make non sense, I only said that anyone don't cares if you learn somethings or not, this happened to me in a topic I made, questioning about water, anyone answered it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back