SRB2 v2.0 is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I already got Through DSZ and I'm currently struggling in CEZ1.

But I must say: Sonic's DSZ act 1 emblem was one of the most creative things I've ever saw. Congratulations STJR :)

God, the last part of ERZ1 absolutely kills me as Sonic, but I somehow enjoy it a lot.
Also, I like Match a lot. Only gripe is about the weapon cards, although it makes things more interesting, so it's both a plus and a minus.
The Emeralds make things even more complicated, but still not confusing. Fighting other players for custody of the Emeralds is a side-quest you can either ignore or put most of your focus on, though if someone does GET ALL THOSE CHAOS EMERALDS and you're not paying attention, you can be devastated, which I like. It adds another layer to your standard deathmatch.
Now, I haven't really had a chance to play Hide and Seek (Damnit, TDM, get off that computer), from watching TDM play it it looks like something I'd enjoy doing.
The visual facelifts are nice. I like how Silver Cascade became an entirely new level. I thought the new textures wouldn't fit Sapphire Falls, but they worked pretty well, and I like the new bits you've added to the level.
I just realized how long this post is, but just a little more. I totally agree with Chi' on ACZ's difficulty, but the theme and the HOLY CRAP HORIZONTALLY MOVING PLATFORMS and the overall Wild West coolness of the level kept me coming back for more and not getting frustrated. ACZ and ERZ are my favorite musics, they're definitely going in my playlist.
I liked the new look of CEZ, but the level design was a bit annoying, especially the little "puzzle" at the end of CEZ2. (Not even a puzzle, it didn't require enough thought.) The little "war zone" I saw through some windows was something I expected to see more of, maybe even find myself in the middle of, but alas, that glimpse was all I got.
But ERZ just introduced a bunch of random gimmicks at one time and could be a bit confusing if you didn't know what to do. (Seriously, though, I'm digging those blue "worm" things.) It was overall pretty cool, though, and I kept coming back to see what else the level could throw at me.
End of long rant/review.

I Have to Say, The Final Boss is pretty clever. But I'm not going to say what it is, What It does, Or How to Beat it because of the No Spoiler Rule.

IIIIIMMM back! and im happy because I just beat the game with all emeralds, but I wont say what you get, nor what the final boss is, but the final boss is freaking awesome! and match is now awesome, all the new maps are awesome, the new graphics are awesome, the new enemies are awesome in the way that there are FINALLY more enemies and their just plain awesome, and the one unlock able I've got so far is awesome!

I was wondering when you would tell everyone about your baby, AJ =)

Honestly, thank you for your 11 years of hard work. I think its safe to say SRB2 has gone down in history as one of the most ambitious, most popular, largest and not to mention best fangame EVER.

Egg Rock Zone is hard as nails, but I don't get frustrated thanks to the high gimmick density, the fact that I'm accustomed to impossible games and the awesome, awesome music. So, yes, I'm saying thank you STjr for that awesome game, goodbye SSN and good luck, Sky Sanctuary team.

I thought Tunes 500 was pretty lolable, Tunes 200 FTW though.

I have to say I haven't had so much fun on SRB2 for a loong time. The levels are incredible especially Arid Canyon which I think personally is the best designed level yet. Multiplayer is quite good, I'm surprised how Noxious Factory was turned from one of the worst stages into one of the cool stages, and the team things were well done which should stop most camping now except the items which arn't team specified e.g. red ring but they'd get shot down anyways. The new palettes were ok, Cyan is definetely my favourite colour in game now. I'll be looking forward to start playing netgames on here again. Again thanks for all the hard work STjr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back