Weirdest bug ever in SRB2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sik

I remember that when Mystic Realm 4.3 was released, I had a netgame with Akira and DarkWarrior. I don't remember if it was with 1.09 or 1.09.2, but you get the idea from when it was. Akira was the host. OK, we played and everything was "fine". Then, two days later, we wanted to play another netgame, and Akira told us to wait since he needed to download MR 4.3. What the-?! DarkWarrior and me were with MR 4.3 while Akira was with MR 4.2 and the game worked perfectly!

Mystic, you got knowledge about this when it happened. Do you know what caused the bug? This is something really weird and I'm yet curious about it...

This happened because if the file size isn't too large it creates a folder called DOWNLOAD and dowloads the wads or socs etc. needed to play in that server, not too wierd........

We're talking about Mystic Realm here. If it was caused by a download, we'd know it. It'd take way too long. Neither of us downloaded MR4.2 off Akira's server.

Probably that happened because MR4.2 and MR4.3 weren't so different between each other, and so they retained a bit of compatibility that was enough for having a common netgame.
And remember that SRB2 1.09 and 1.09.2 weren't so picky about version numbers like 1.09.4 is.
I guess 1.09.4 wouldn't have allowed that to happen.

Sorry for the delay. But if MD5 checksums are different, it's directly rejected. So the download should have started. And if Mystic Realm was being downloaded, it would have taken a lot of time, and the server started instanstaneously.

Seriously, this is strange... Why would have happened? I mean, it yet surprises me. I caused really strange bugs, but I never saw something like this... To have been a data error this should have been very much coincidence...

A bug in SRB2? It should have happened twice. No idea how would have it been. Oh, I forgotten, DarkWarrior quit and rejoined once, and the game continued. So there was something that was allowing us to keep playing...

Akira, are you sure it was Mystic Realm 4.2 and NOT 4.3?

This is no bug.He properly had it in the DOWNLOAD folder.If he didnt he must of downloaded it off of something or somewhere.I remember I stayed an hour trying to get into a server with Mystic Realm WAD.Hehe,now I have it,but than they had a server shutdown RIGHT after I joined.There goes 1 hour of my life...

Didn't I already mention that the server started instantaneously? No delay, no downloads at all. I think that Akira had 4.3 and forgotten it. No kidding, I'm sure I was with 4.3 because I overwritten the WAD. And I now SRB2 had bugs with checking but I don't think it missed with such maps... It's just the MD5 checksum, which changes easily.

Sonic Shadow said:
This is the weirdest bug ever:(they aren't bots)

ZOMG

1. That's not a bug, that's combining SOCs.
2. SRB2 is not a ROM, it's an EXE.
3. By going BIND {key} SCREENSHOT in the console, you can take screenshots without the console in the way. Replace {key} with the key of your choice.

The 3rd screenshot only looks like you have spinitem = eggman. I can do that easy. So can most people. *yawn*

1. That's not a bug, that's combining SOCs.
2. SRB2 is not a ROM, it's an EXE.
1. No, this happened when I loaded mystic realm and Sonic Overdrive.When sonic spindashes, multiple Eggman appears :eek:
This happened too with chaotic darkness DEMO 3, but enemies appear when Sonic Overdrive Thoks or spindashes (LOTS OF ENEMIES.LOTS!!!) and they are auto destructed, gaving astronomic scores. :eek:
2. Putting a EXE on a ROMS directory is a trouble? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back