I NEED HELP WITH doom builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those sound like some pretty advanced things. Maybe you should try some things that are a little more basic first?

Some very helpful things can be found on the SRB2 Wiki. You might consider spending some time looking at some of the general editing documentation before trying to something specific.

DNAngel244 said:
I have trouble making switches that activate things, get the slimer boss to work, the animal captual and changing what F_SKY1 looks like all i get is a plain blue sky with some clouds please help (im kinda a noob)
ok i will explain to the best of my ability..

1st question switches to activate things... i don't know how to answer that because i don't know how to make switches myself....

2nd question about the slimmer boss, all you have to do is place a eggslimer thing on your map and then at a certain point i believe, you can place an axis thing, now the slimmer will rotate around the axis that you set down i believe. Im not too sure of that question.

3rd question is about F_SKY1, first of all you need an lump editor like XWE, first what you are going to do is load your map into XWE then you are going to make an entry called MAINCFG, now if you want sky and clouds as your F_SKY1 then you want to type into the entry MAINCFG Skynum = 1
this is what it should look like for example

LEVEL 69
LEVELNAME = Celestial Emerald
NEXTLEVEL = 1
MUSICSLOT = 1046
WEATHER = 0
SKYNUM = 1
LEVELSELECT = 1

You dont need to put in weather, so dont worry about that.

I hoped i helped you at least a little.

Well, although scripts are used now, the button for door tags are the most simple. The number after button for door id the number to tag the door. The tag will raise the ceiling a set height.
Also, to make the slimer speed up upon hits, you have to deaf it. And all that is required is a single axis. It will rotate around that, and to get it to go around in an incomplete circle, not going exacly circular around the axis, you have to tag the surrounding linedefs blockmonster.

Now im wondering why can't nice considerate people take time out of their lives maybe 2 minutes to post help for this guy?

Lucky me and sky ninja were here >.>

Sonic Destiny said:
Now im wondering why can't nice considerate people take time out of their lives maybe 2 minutes to post help for this guy?

Some of us don't have 2 minutes to spare, although in my case it was because of my bad internet connection.

And BlueZero, couldn't you just link to a page in the SRB2 Wiki that would help DNAngel244 rather than linking to the main page?

Switches are easy once you get the hang of them. First, take a sector which you want to be the switch. It should be a little higher than the surrounding floor. Then, for the door, make a sector with one side attached to the room sector, with its floor AND ceiling height BOTH equal to the floor height of the room sector (i.e. if the room sector is 1024 fracunits high, the floor and ceiling of the new sector should BOTH be 1024 fracunits. Then, as the sector effect for the button, use one of the "button for door" effects. Give the sector with equal floor and ceiling height a sector tag equal to the number of the "button for door" effect (i.e. if it was "button for door 700" the sector should have a tag of 700. Nothing else should have this tag.) Then, give the button a sector tag of one more than the previous sector (i.e. if it was "button for door 700" then make it a tag of 701. Now test your creation, and the button, when stepped on, should sink into the ground and make the sector with equal floor and ceiling height raise the ceiling to the height of the room sector. Voila! A perfect button!

Don't use Button for door effects. Its better to use linedef executors. The Button Creation Tutorial explains how to make different types of buttons. It has some terminology that may be hard to understand. Don't try to make the pop up one unless you are really understand level editing tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back