SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X)

Old 02-10-2008   #21
Azure Hawk

Ooh, I'm downloading now. If I am correct, demo 2 was released on SRb2's birthday? I look foreward to playing it.

Mineral Valley zone was really fun, however slighly short. Also the clear water was confusing...
Quote:
How did you get here? Did someone leave your cage open again?
Old 02-10-2008   #22
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Hawk
Ooh, I'm downloading now. If I am correct, demo 2 was released on SRb2's birthday? I look foreward to playing it.

Mineral Valley zone was really fun, however slighly short. Also the clear water was confusing...
Thanks for the MVZ feedback so far, I'll add some more stuff into it if I can (should be be able too ^_^)

Oh yes I forgot to add this, I got a screenshot of Magma Cavern Act 1 for preview.

Old 02-11-2008   #23
gabethecat

nice thing,tried it,pretty good,a tutoral in the start,good for new players to the srb2 commute,they can work out the controls,i saw that it had good balance,it looks promising,hope you make the full game successfuly!
Old 02-11-2008   #24
Azure Hawk

Just played through mineral valley again, and found that you can walk in the death pit underneath those table things. That is all.
Quote:
Old 02-11-2008   #25
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist

Quote:
Just played through mineral valley again, and found that you can walk in the death pit underneath those table things. That is all.
Screenshot?

I'm pretty sure I fixed most of the death pit errors on that sector. If it's the part I'm thinking of, is it after the 2nd checkpoint?
Old 02-11-2008   #26
Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabethecat
nice thing,tried it,pretty good,a tutoral in the start,good for new players to the srb2 commute,they can work out the controls,i saw that it had good balance,it looks promising,hope you make the full game successfuly!
He's making a game?
And I mean to run without downloading hacks. :V
Old 03-05-2008   #27
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist

Sorry about the bump, but I do have an announcement.

Beta 3 of Chaos Twilight is out now :D. Check out the update, and the new link on the first post of the topic.
Old 03-05-2008   #28
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

Well, I just gave this a shot, and it's not bad, but there are a few things that need work. The second act of the first zone was rather cramped in places, and waiting for that moving platform to move up and down was a pain. Also, the lava in your 3rd zone was very inconsistantly deep, and in one case even had a bottomless pit hidden under it, killing me despite having the Inferno Shield. Not fair. Also, none of the water seems to be colormapped, which is a rather glaring issue.

On the positive, as a whole, it was quite enjoyable. The second zone especially was well-made, with good visuals and fun level design. I liked your texture usage a lot throughout most of the acts, and you put in a lot of scenery objects to make it look good.

This has potential, but there's still a lot of work to be done fixing the quirks.
Old 03-06-2008   #29
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
Well, I just gave this a shot, and it's not bad, but there are a few things that need work. The second act of the first zone was rather cramped in places, and waiting for that moving platform to move up and down was a pain. Also, the lava in your 3rd zone was very inconsistantly deep, and in one case even had a bottomless pit hidden under it, killing me despite having the Inferno Shield. Not fair. Also, none of the water seems to be colormapped, which is a rather glaring issue.

On the positive, as a whole, it was quite enjoyable. The second zone especially was well-made, with good visuals and fun level design. I liked your texture usage a lot throughout most of the acts, and you put in a lot of scenery objects to make it look good.

This has potential, but there's still a lot of work to be done fixing the quirks.
Thanks for your feedback Mystic. I wasn't sure about the lava since I wanted to raise the difficulty a bit. I might remove a couple of bottomless pits to make it slightly easier, and make it as a normal floor and springs.

And as I said on my KOTH version of Mineral Valley. mineral water has no color, that's the reason why there is no colormaps.

Green Peaks Zone act 2 is having some parts being edited, so some of the crampness should go away in the next release.
Old 03-06-2008   #30
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperknux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic

Thanks for your feedback Mystic. I wasn't sure about the lava since I wanted to raise the difficulty a bit. I might remove a couple of bottomless pits to make it slightly easier, and make it as a normal floor and springs.

And as I said on my KOTH version of Mineral Valley. mineral water has no color, that's the reason why there is no colormaps.

Green Peaks Zone act 2 is having some parts being edited, so some of the crampness should go away in the next release.
Whilst you're editing GPZ2, you'd better remember to fix a certain platform which was accidentally left as a death pit. I forgot to get a screenshot of it though...

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Old 03-06-2008   #31
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist

Oh Damn I forgot those 3 sectors. Yes I know what they are, thanks for the reminders.
Old 03-07-2008   #32
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

I only said there was one sector that did that... but you'll probably notice that when you're editing GPZ2.

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Old 03-07-2008   #33
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist

I already know which one it is (it was one or three sectors, but still), I'll fix that in a bit. At the moment, I'm starting Icy City act 1, and here's the early screenshot.

That's what I've done at the moment. But a icy pond, and some more things are on my map. You'll have to find it out when Beta 4 comes out :P.

And also, please read my notice, in red before everyone starts asking questions.
Old 03-09-2008   #34
Azure Hawk

I enjoyed Beta 4, although those death-pit platforms are annoying, but I am reassured that they are being fixed, so thats ok. As mystic said, I second the feeling that death pits under lava were annoying.

Everything else however, wasa really interesting to play. Keep up the good work!

Azure Hawk
Quote:
Old 03-09-2008   #35
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist

Quote:
I enjoyed Beta 4, although those death-pit platforms are annoying, but I am reassured that they are being fixed, so thats ok. As mystic said, I second the feeling that death pits under lava were annoying.

Everything else however, wasa really interesting to play. Keep up the good work!

Azure Hawk
Thanks for the latest Feedback Azure Hawk.

And you might want to edit your post to Beta 3 lol. Beta 4 won't be out for a while yet :P.
Old 03-09-2008   #36
Chaos

This is the best mod I've played in a long time. Keep working on it.
And I mean to run without downloading hacks. :V
Old 03-09-2008   #37
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist

Thanks Chaos, much appreciated ^_^.

One other thing, is there a decent program to record videos on srb2 except that HyperCam thing?
Old 03-11-2008   #38
:SonicMaster:
<0>_<0>

Well, let me rate Green Peaks Zone Act 1.

Green Peaks Act 1, 6/10

Actually, most of this is very, very good layout. But you have two problems: First of all, there appears to be only one alternate path. It also merges with the main path far too quickly. Secondly, the platforms on the end move WAY too slowly. Sometimes I have actually missed the jump and had to wait a very annoying time before I could get back on the platform again. Not a problem for Tails users, but I almost always play as Sonic, just like I did in this zone. Those two things push it down from an 8 to a 6.
Old 03-11-2008   #39
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist

That has been plartly fixed in the next release. However, the path-like design for act 1 was how it was meant to be. The introduction stage.
Old 03-23-2008   #40
super
newbe comic artist

well Im downloading it now but from what I have seen Im going to enjoy it, also how is the new beta coming along?