SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X)

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2008   #21
Azure Hawk
 
Azure Hawk's Avatar
Default

Ooh, I'm downloading now. If I am correct, demo 2 was released on SRb2's birthday? I look foreward to playing it.

Mineral Valley zone was really fun, however slighly short. Also the clear water was confusing...
__________________
Playing SRB2 since 05. Basically, nothing has changed.
Totally re-doing my level pack. Expect a site link soon :P
Working on: A Match Stage
Quote:
How did you get here? Did someone leave your cage open again?
Azure Hawk is offline  
Old 02-10-2008   #22
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist
 
Hyperknux's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Hawk
Ooh, I'm downloading now. If I am correct, demo 2 was released on SRb2's birthday? I look foreward to playing it.

Mineral Valley zone was really fun, however slighly short. Also the clear water was confusing...
Thanks for the MVZ feedback so far, I'll add some more stuff into it if I can (should be be able too ^_^)

Oh yes I forgot to add this, I got a screenshot of Magma Cavern Act 1 for preview.

__________________
Everyone is entitled to their own truthful opinion on this planet...
Hyperknux is offline  
Old 02-11-2008   #23
gabethecat
 
gabethecat's Avatar
Default

nice thing,tried it,pretty good,a tutoral in the start,good for new players to the srb2 commute,they can work out the controls,i saw that it had good balance,it looks promising,hope you make the full game successfuly!
__________________
im to lazy to do stuff until i can actually make it
gabethecat wad:0%
gabethecats adventure wad:0%
gabethecat is offline  
Old 02-11-2008   #24
Azure Hawk
 
Azure Hawk's Avatar
Default

Just played through mineral valley again, and found that you can walk in the death pit underneath those table things. That is all.
__________________
Playing SRB2 since 05. Basically, nothing has changed.
Totally re-doing my level pack. Expect a site link soon :P
Working on: A Match Stage
Quote:
How did you get here? Did someone leave your cage open again?
Azure Hawk is offline  
Old 02-11-2008   #25
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist
 
Hyperknux's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Hawk
Just played through mineral valley again, and found that you can walk in the death pit underneath those table things. That is all.
Screenshot?

I'm pretty sure I fixed most of the death pit errors on that sector. If it's the part I'm thinking of, is it after the 2nd checkpoint?
__________________
Everyone is entitled to their own truthful opinion on this planet...
Hyperknux is offline  
Old 02-11-2008   #26
Chaos
 
Chaos's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabethecat
nice thing,tried it,pretty good,a tutoral in the start,good for new players to the srb2 commute,they can work out the controls,i saw that it had good balance,it looks promising,hope you make the full game successfuly!
He's making a game?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerChaos
Windows is better. I mean, applications you can run? How awesome!
And I mean to run without downloading hacks. :V
Chaos is offline  
Old 03-05-2008   #27
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist
 
Hyperknux's Avatar
Default

Sorry about the bump, but I do have an announcement.

Beta 3 of Chaos Twilight is out now :D. Check out the update, and the new link on the first post of the topic.
__________________
Everyone is entitled to their own truthful opinion on this planet...
Hyperknux is offline  
Old 03-05-2008   #28
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator
 
Mystic's Avatar
Default

Well, I just gave this a shot, and it's not bad, but there are a few things that need work. The second act of the first zone was rather cramped in places, and waiting for that moving platform to move up and down was a pain. Also, the lava in your 3rd zone was very inconsistantly deep, and in one case even had a bottomless pit hidden under it, killing me despite having the Inferno Shield. Not fair. Also, none of the water seems to be colormapped, which is a rather glaring issue.

On the positive, as a whole, it was quite enjoyable. The second zone especially was well-made, with good visuals and fun level design. I liked your texture usage a lot throughout most of the acts, and you put in a lot of scenery objects to make it look good.

This has potential, but there's still a lot of work to be done fixing the quirks.
Mystic is offline  
Old 03-06-2008   #29
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist
 
Hyperknux's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
Well, I just gave this a shot, and it's not bad, but there are a few things that need work. The second act of the first zone was rather cramped in places, and waiting for that moving platform to move up and down was a pain. Also, the lava in your 3rd zone was very inconsistantly deep, and in one case even had a bottomless pit hidden under it, killing me despite having the Inferno Shield. Not fair. Also, none of the water seems to be colormapped, which is a rather glaring issue.

On the positive, as a whole, it was quite enjoyable. The second zone especially was well-made, with good visuals and fun level design. I liked your texture usage a lot throughout most of the acts, and you put in a lot of scenery objects to make it look good.

This has potential, but there's still a lot of work to be done fixing the quirks.
Thanks for your feedback Mystic. I wasn't sure about the lava since I wanted to raise the difficulty a bit. I might remove a couple of bottomless pits to make it slightly easier, and make it as a normal floor and springs.

And as I said on my KOTH version of Mineral Valley. mineral water has no color, that's the reason why there is no colormaps.

Green Peaks Zone act 2 is having some parts being edited, so some of the crampness should go away in the next release.
__________________
Everyone is entitled to their own truthful opinion on this planet...
Hyperknux is offline  
Old 03-06-2008   #30
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood
Moderator
 
Monster Iestyn's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperknux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
Well, I just gave this a shot, and it's not bad, but there are a few things that need work. The second act of the first zone was rather cramped in places, and waiting for that moving platform to move up and down was a pain. Also, the lava in your 3rd zone was very inconsistantly deep, and in one case even had a bottomless pit hidden under it, killing me despite having the Inferno Shield. Not fair. Also, none of the water seems to be colormapped, which is a rather glaring issue.

On the positive, as a whole, it was quite enjoyable. The second zone especially was well-made, with good visuals and fun level design. I liked your texture usage a lot throughout most of the acts, and you put in a lot of scenery objects to make it look good.

This has potential, but there's still a lot of work to be done fixing the quirks.
Thanks for your feedback Mystic. I wasn't sure about the lava since I wanted to raise the difficulty a bit. I might remove a couple of bottomless pits to make it slightly easier, and make it as a normal floor and springs.

And as I said on my KOTH version of Mineral Valley. mineral water has no color, that's the reason why there is no colormaps.

Green Peaks Zone act 2 is having some parts being edited, so some of the crampness should go away in the next release.
Whilst you're editing GPZ2, you'd better remember to fix a certain platform which was accidentally left as a death pit. I forgot to get a screenshot of it though...
__________________
My page stuffed full of MIDI goodness!
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Robo-Hoodiverse
Timeline of Sonic Robo Blast History!

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Monster Iestyn is offline  
Old 03-06-2008   #31
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist
 
Hyperknux's Avatar
Default

Oh Damn I forgot those 3 sectors. Yes I know what they are, thanks for the reminders.
__________________
Everyone is entitled to their own truthful opinion on this planet...
Hyperknux is offline  
Old 03-07-2008   #32
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood
Moderator
 
Monster Iestyn's Avatar
Default

I only said there was one sector that did that... but you'll probably notice that when you're editing GPZ2.
__________________
My page stuffed full of MIDI goodness!
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Robo-Hoodiverse
Timeline of Sonic Robo Blast History!

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Monster Iestyn is offline  
Old 03-07-2008   #33
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist
 
Hyperknux's Avatar
Default

I already know which one it is (it was one or three sectors, but still), I'll fix that in a bit. At the moment, I'm starting Icy City act 1, and here's the early screenshot.



That's what I've done at the moment. But a icy pond, and some more things are on my map. You'll have to find it out when Beta 4 comes out :P.

And also, please read my notice, in red before everyone starts asking questions.
__________________
Everyone is entitled to their own truthful opinion on this planet...
Hyperknux is offline  
Old 03-09-2008   #34
Azure Hawk
 
Azure Hawk's Avatar
Default

I enjoyed Beta 4, although those death-pit platforms are annoying, but I am reassured that they are being fixed, so thats ok. As mystic said, I second the feeling that death pits under lava were annoying.

Everything else however, wasa really interesting to play. Keep up the good work!


Azure Hawk
__________________
Playing SRB2 since 05. Basically, nothing has changed.
Totally re-doing my level pack. Expect a site link soon :P
Working on: A Match Stage
Quote:
How did you get here? Did someone leave your cage open again?
Azure Hawk is offline  
Old 03-09-2008   #35
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist
 
Hyperknux's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Hawk
I enjoyed Beta 4, although those death-pit platforms are annoying, but I am reassured that they are being fixed, so thats ok. As mystic said, I second the feeling that death pits under lava were annoying.

Everything else however, wasa really interesting to play. Keep up the good work!


Azure Hawk
Thanks for the latest Feedback Azure Hawk.

And you might want to edit your post to Beta 3 lol. Beta 4 won't be out for a while yet :P.
__________________
Everyone is entitled to their own truthful opinion on this planet...
Hyperknux is offline  
Old 03-09-2008   #36
Chaos
 
Chaos's Avatar
Default

This is the best mod I've played in a long time. Keep working on it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerChaos
Windows is better. I mean, applications you can run? How awesome!
And I mean to run without downloading hacks. :V
Chaos is offline  
Old 03-09-2008   #37
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist
 
Hyperknux's Avatar
Default

Thanks Chaos, much appreciated ^_^.

One other thing, is there a decent program to record videos on srb2 except that HyperCam thing?
__________________
Everyone is entitled to their own truthful opinion on this planet...
Hyperknux is offline  
Old 03-11-2008   #38
:SonicMaster:
<0>_<0>
 
:SonicMaster:'s Avatar
Default

Well, let me rate Green Peaks Zone Act 1.

Green Peaks Act 1, 6/10

Actually, most of this is very, very good layout. But you have two problems: First of all, there appears to be only one alternate path. It also merges with the main path far too quickly. Secondly, the platforms on the end move WAY too slowly. Sometimes I have actually missed the jump and had to wait a very annoying time before I could get back on the platform again. Not a problem for Tails users, but I almost always play as Sonic, just like I did in this zone. Those two things push it down from an 8 to a 6.
__________________
My PSN ID: WhiteLucario
Click here to view my Trophy collection.
:SonicMaster: is offline  
Old 03-11-2008   #39
Hyperknux
The board's UK Ecologist
 
Hyperknux's Avatar
Default

That has been plartly fixed in the next release. However, the path-like design for act 1 was how it was meant to be. The introduction stage.
__________________
Everyone is entitled to their own truthful opinion on this planet...
Hyperknux is offline  
Old 03-23-2008   #40
super
newbe comic artist
 
super's Avatar
Default

well Im downloading it now but from what I have seen Im going to enjoy it, also how is the new beta coming along?
super is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SRB2 on TSSZ News Bbop800 SRB2 Discussion 8 12-30-2009 04:27 AM
SRB2 TF2 Page Armonte Video Games 2 08-07-2008 08:37 PM
Chaos Twilight Zone SSBSS map (not offical CT mod stage) Hyperknux Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X) 9 06-21-2008 04:05 PM
great news srb2 supported with xfire! aiai SRB2 Discussion 15 11-04-2006 06:31 PM
SfygtlftoH (Halloween WAD released. Page 2.) SRB2-Playah Editing 25 11-01-2005 02:23 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.