SRB2 CONTEST: Calling all texture artists!

Status
Not open for further replies.
By me saying I'm gonna make lots doesn't mean I'm not going to take my time with them.

Umm... huh?

Well after playing with a bunch of concepts, I finally came up with one I liked by recycling an old texture I had made. Still trying to come up with an alternate though...

Ash, one of the major things about concepts is to yield a diverse amount for the person whose in charge of it to be able to make a decision on what he thinks will fit the best. If Nitro presents several concepts and then several variations of the concepts he is giving SSN a wider selection of stuff to choose from and is generally more helpful provided they are actually decent. I actually don't believe I've seen Nitro pump out a ton of stuff that suffered for lack of time, at least not since the roflcopter.

As for a single texture set, barring variations and multiple concepts, I'd keep most of the diverse junk to the wood/rope stuff, I'm gathering that there could be some old shacks and underground elements in there as it was supposed to combine Mine Maze and Rocky Mountain. Consistency is often more welcome than diversity. Example...

I must enter this! Early 1.1! I'm doing science and I'm STILL ALIVE! *Zooms off to make textures*

Time to put my Paint skills to the test! I'll try.

Here is my Sky texture:

SKY215.jpg

So, what do you think?

SSNTails said:
Kaysakado said:
Are we allowed to show off our work here?

If you don't want it to be a surprise, sure. It's up to you.
Sweet.

Here's what I have so far(The wood is makeshift; I'm just using it until I actually make a wood texture):
PulleyGear.png

So, is it good?

Also, this one is without the gear:
http://yousrb2.googlepages.com/PulleyWithoutGear.png

And this is the pulley/gear by themselves without the wood:
http://yousrb2.googlepages.com/Pulley.png

So, which do you like better: gear, or no gear?

Kaysakado said:
So, is that your own creation? Or a proper repaletting of my sky?
It's mine. It still lacks of background canyons, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back