Fixed THZ2 Spring Shell before Deton Path

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luky95

The Spring Shell before the Deton Path doesn't actually bounce you high enough to reach the platform.

PKzESNt.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, this kinda bugged me at first. I think that it's counter-intuitive to introduce an enemy designed to get you onto higher ledges, and then have this right after you were supposed to learn it.

Tough they could replace it by the Yellow spring shell that is not used in the vanilla game

Tough they could replace it by the Yellow spring shell that is not used in the vanilla game

It's used in THZ1 Knuckles path, actually. (And...ninja'd)

Anyway, no. That section is designed so that if you miss your chance, you're forced to take the bottom path instead of the upper one (as Sonic, at least). I agree that that enemy should be removed, though.

Considering the old version of the act had stairs there, I think having the weak spring shell there was a bad choice

Yellow spring shell should be there just so we have more than one yellow spring shell in the entire game.

By returning to the topic, by turning right and jumping when the elevator is still high enough, you can reach the platform, this is the only way I found tough.

That section is designed so that if you miss your chance, you're forced to take the bottom path instead of the upper one (as Sonic, at least).

That, or wait for the Spring Shell to move towards the elevator you just rode down and get on it, then you can use it to get up there.

I don't know if you're supposed to do this, but it just seemed natural to me during my first playthrough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back