What size is your SRB2 folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rekk said:
GemEarthBrandon, most harddrives can't hold ONE terrabyte, let alone more than one. You're obviously lying. I mean, the most expensive and modern harddrives today could hold 1TB or more. For you to have one folder that is double that amount, and then being able to balance all of your other applications would be maybe 2.5TB or so. That's a ridiculous, absurd amount, that is most likely a fabrication.

Why would your SRB2 folder hold these video files? Also, why does the size matter? Just because your folder wields a heavier burden on your harddisk doesn't mean anything other than you're obviously not good at optimizing for space. I don't think there are enough wads to even fill 2.2TB. Replacing the T with a G is a very clever endevour at trying to boost your points, but it's not worth the trouble of lying, now is it?

Considering the size, if you had every wad for SRB2 not counting lame stuff like music wads, it would only be a max of 7~10% of that 2.2TB, and that's being generous.

Will you shut up and use common sence?

I said I purposly put video files in there and they really don't need to be there.

Rekk said:
For you to have one folder that is double that amount, and then being able to balance all of your other applications would be maybe 2.5TB or so.

Second hard drive.

But seriously - when someone asks the size of said folder, we don't include random crap that somehow got in there. Now, will you shut up and use some common sense? Thanks.

On topic: I think I'm running around 150MB (a fresh install with MD2 files is about 101MB). I like to conserve disk space, and I only like a select few wads.

Freaking pack rats. :P

GemEarthBrandon said:
Rekk said:
GemEarthBrandon, most harddrives can't hold ONE terrabyte, let alone more than one. You're obviously lying. I mean, the most expensive and modern harddrives today could hold 1TB or more. For you to have one folder that is double that amount, and then being able to balance all of your other applications would be maybe 2.5TB or so. That's a ridiculous, absurd amount, that is most likely a fabrication.

Why would your SRB2 folder hold these video files? Also, why does the size matter? Just because your folder wields a heavier burden on your harddisk doesn't mean anything other than you're obviously not good at optimizing for space. I don't think there are enough wads to even fill 2.2TB. Replacing the T with a G is a very clever endevour at trying to boost your points, but it's not worth the trouble of lying, now is it?

Considering the size, if you had every wad for SRB2 not counting lame stuff like music wads, it would only be a max of 7~10% of that 2.2TB, and that's being generous.

Will you shut up and use common sence?

I said I purposly put video files in there and they really don't need to be there.

Common sense says:

A laptop with 1TB disk space, 2 GB memory, and a dual processor (a good one from Intel or something) would cost around $5000 depending on the specs. The actual drive would cost $200~500. That's only 1TB, though. You'd need 3TB to hold everything, pretty much. Those come out to $1000~$1500+, and most that are THAT huge are only external. Functional, but not internal. Not that I want to spark anything, but common sense says that you're lying, but whatever. You don't have to admit it or anything, but I'd rather not let ignorance overshadow truth. Feel free to ignore this and go about your ways with your huge 2.2TB SRB2 folder.

Hey, you asked. Maybe my common sense is warped or skewed. I dunno.

5 or so GBs total (All the versions and stuff that I have in my SRB2 folder)untill I deleted my SRB2 1.09.4 folder. Now, I have a total of 468-9 MBs.

0 bytes? It doesn't even start here on Windows Server 2003 x64 for some strange reason, that's why I'm going to compile it myself someday.

My SRB2 folder is about 48x48 pixels. *shot*

107 MB. Rather wimpy, but I had a whole bunch on the other computer.

I wasn't aware this was a contest.

Also, file size != file amount. I thought it was straight forward that he meant file size. >_>Nobody really cares anyways.

TheJonathan said:
I wasn't aware this was a contest.

Also, file size != file amount. I thought it was straight forward that he meant file size. >_>Nobody really cares anyways.

I'm using a red background. :D

srb2sizejq6.png

Wheee..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back