Lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueTenguMan

Been working. . .
I play net games but sometimes when I join a net game (even with one other person there) it lags like a monster.

Im kinda new at setting up nework routers cause thats what I use. If I disconnect it will it lag less?

That's because not everyone has a perfect connection. Lag is bound to happen in netgames.

Yeah. Lag usually doesn't have to do with just your connection. Other bad connections can cause lag. If you suffer from C-Lag, simply plan ahead. Of course, if it's the bad, freezy-type, then I'm not sure what to say...

If it's freezy, cope. That all you can really do other than ditch or use a script to try and reduce the lag. Yes, such a script exists, but it doesn't always work. In fact, it doesn't work very often at all, and it only works on a server you're running.

"PING PLYS GT"

This is the server that I access on my network. Clearly the only one in my region that has a fair amount of players (New Jersey). Now I guess this is still on the main topic but...if I were to change the code on the master server, will I be able to locate other net games (and a chance of finding a game with a low ping count)?

And no it does not freeze unless my firewall is on. Last time I done that sonic turned yellow and it froze until I restarted.

It's a good conection cause it's high speed, but someone on a net game said it was me so this be the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back