What is your favourite weapon ring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitoko

I know for a fact, that I usually use ALL the weapons when I play CTF and match. But to be very honest, I actually like the Grenade ring the most. It's gotten me out of tight binds before, and lets me do other things without worrying about my grenade.

On the second, it would probably be the rail ring, as it lets me shoot pretty much anyone (Like Meadow Match)

Well.. What's your favourite weapon ring? Why so?

Last edited:
I could have sworn we had a thread like this before. Maybe from a year ago or so. I'm not quite sure though.

Anyways like you I tend to use all the weapon rings. I actually use whatever weapon ring I have at the time but only if I am not worrying about trying to play tactical and stuff. If I am trying to play the best I can I would probably use weapon rings that would fit the theme of the level I am playing on. For example in Nimbus Ruins I tend to use Rails more often than in any other map or for Twisted Terminal I tend to use Automatic and Scatter rings more often.

My favorite though would probably be the Grenade since I feel like I have the greatest amount of control over it. I can also rely on it in times when multiple players are following me.

Ah my favorite weapon ring huh?

Well I love using all of them. Main ones are red ring and the scatters and rails.

Along with that using the autos at the right time can really rack you up some points. Depending on amount of players you have.

The bounce ring is also amazing ring to use in tight places. Mostly in thunder citadel.

Now grenades... My most hated weapon of all. People just randomly places them and I run into them like 83% of the time. No matter how much times they fail a throw ill always run into it.

Auto rings are just perfect for a sneaky shot when needed.

And bombs are just super over power that anyone can just aim and shoot in a good spot where everyone is.

Now grenades... My most hated weapon of all. People just randomly places them and I run into them like 83% of the time. No matter how much times they fail a throw ill always run into it.

There's a reason why I usually grabbed the grenade while matching with you.. :P I normally don't.

I wonder when you'll remember the hazard of me leaving a grenade next to that rail card.

There's a reason why I usually grabbed the grenade while matching with you.. :P I normally don't.

I wonder when you'll remember the hazard of me leaving a grenade next to that rail card.

Oh I remember that. Almost all the time I ran for those rail cards.You always have a perfectly unnoticeable grenade sitting there.

It has to be the automatic ring and the grenade ring.
These two weapons are really epic and also they have helped me in panicky cases as well.

I could have sworn we had a thread like this before. Maybe from a year ago or so. I'm not quite sure though.

We did:

http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=33518&highlight=favorite+weapon+ring

In case this topic isn't getting locked though, I'll just give my own opinion on each ring.

Automatic Rings - Pretty powerful as Sonic or Tails when you have a decent amount of rings. If you're Knuckles than you'll just drain all of your rings out within seconds, so this isn't my type of weapon.

Bounce Rings - Highly effective with Knuckles, I prefer this weapon when used across hallways and small areas.

Scatter Rings - Pretty awesome with all three characters, especially when short-ranged. Probably my second favourite weapon.

Grenade Rings - Another one I really like. Sonic players fall for these all the time, it's hilarious.

Explosion Rings - I like/hate this weapon. One reason for hating it is that people spam it like it's the best weapon ever. I like it since it's a good way to wipe out a large group of people and get away from others.

Rail Rings - My personal favourite. This weapon is EXTREMELY deadly to all 3 characters when you have a good aim. It's pretty hard to use as Sonic when you're moving so fast, but for Tails and Knuckles it's perfect.

Last edited:
do not blame me for the incorrect sentence! blame google!

Automatic-Ring ! why? because is's almost impossible to avoid them when they are released in the right way.

My favorite Weapon Rings are:

Red Ring - Even though it may be a basic weapon, but I like this weapon when I use Knuckles. This ring is great to use against players who are currently protected by an Attraction Shield.

Auto Ring - I like this ring because you can fire rings at a fast rate, but when you use Knuckles, you fire them at an even faster rate. In close corners, this is pretty much unavoidable if the ceiling is lowered and the player can't jump.

Bounce Ring - Boing! I like this item because it can bounce in close corners and even out in open fields.

Grenade Ring - I like this ring due to its proximities. When used, if one or more players land in a ring of these, you'll rack up points quickly.

Weapon Rings I hate:

Scatter Ring - Not only does this ring spread out in 5 directions, but people spam these all over the map! Why is that?

Explosion Ring - The radius of the ring can go through thin floors. (See Meadow Match for example) I also hate the fact that you get knocked back far when hit directly. I'm okay with getting hit with the radius though.

Rail Ring - Oh hell no. This ring is for experts. I rarely get a hit with this ring. When you get hit by it, it's really hard to get your rings and panels back after one hit.

Last edited:
My favorite weapons:
1. Scatter Ring: once I got the hang of it I found my self using it more often then I knew.
2. Explosive Rings: saved me way too many times in close call matches *Stares at Sryder13*.
3. Grenade Ring: as said before people tend to walk right into this one.
The rest are okay but these are the notable ones in my opinion.

Scatter Ring - Not only does this ring spread out in 5 directions, but people spam these all over the map! Why is that?

Well, my reason for using scatters is to cover a large area quickly which seems to have a plentiful amount of players, and in doing so I can focus on other things, like grabbing a card. It's also a lag-friendly ring, where players with large c-lag can use it effectively. I've heard a lot of players say that too.

The long-removed Infinite Automatic Homing Rail Bomb Ring.

Oh, sure, it destroyed any semblance of balance and should've been avoided at all cost, but hell, it was fun for all of 30 seconds.

...more serious answer, though, Homing, just because I could actually HIT people with it.

Bomb rings are usually the panel I'll aim for first in a match. They pretty much work in every situation:

-Long skinny hallway? Unavoidable Bomb ring.
- Cramped corner? Unavoidable Bomb ring.
- Running up some stairs? Unavoidable Bomb ring.
-Miss your target? Explosion still grabs them.
-Someone spamming grenade rings? Bomb rings blow them all up with one shot.

For 1.09.4:Lots-o-ring combinaison.
For 2.0:Especially Bounce,Bomb,and Automatic,because they are destructive,especially Automatic,and even more with Knuckles.

My favorite weapon ring would probably be the bomb ring, as I am good at running around dodging rings, but I have EXTREMELY crappy aim.

Interesting topic - my favourite weapon is the grenade (however, I don't spam them), because I use the 1 Grenade + offensives rings combo, the grenade is used to confuse the player in this combo, I also use them while I'm reaching some weapons. Then come the bouncing rings, they are useful if I shoot them properly, and the scatter rings, which is my main offensive weapon (I also use its size and its speed to create "walls of missiles", which are also used to confuse ennemies.) I'm also bad at aiming... so I rarely use automatic and especially rail.

Last edited:
Gotta roll with the Scatter and Auto-Rings.

The others I tend not to use much. I'm not to fond of dealing with other people's Bounce rings, though. It gets a little annoying.

While for the most part, I find the weapon ring selection in SRB2 to be quite well balanced and I often choose my weapon based on the situation I'm currently in. I tend to gravitate towards using the grenade ring whenever possible, because it's such a wonderful tool when strategically placed. From defending flags to catching thok happy Sonic players off guard by throwing them as I ran past.

Rail rings on the other hand cause me to make this face every time they hit me.
DeadmanWonderland.png
God damn. It's something about the ring loss noise and a hitscan weapon that makes me furious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back