Was wondering if there was a good PSP port of this around

Status
Not open for further replies.
mkbullet4you said:
Chaos Knux said:
Pandora supports OpenGL.
Pandora could run SRB2JTE stably.
Pandora won a fight against Chuck Norris.

Need I continue?

Why chuck Norris? Nobody wants to fight him!!! He's like 50 or something!!

You good sir, have failed. Hard. Lern2meme. Seriously. You're also porting to a low resolution on the PSP, so that might count for something.

The Pandora is so useless, just buy a laptop. That thing is not small enough to put it in your pocket. Even the small EE pc is more practical than thing. Not sure why it's so popular. Oh also it does not look very comfortable to play a game on...

JigglyWiggly said:
The Pandora is so useless, just buy a laptop. That thing is not small enough to put it in your pocket. Even the small EE pc is more practical than thing. Not sure why it's so popular. Oh also it does not look very comfortable to play a game on...

Awesome. We got a real winner here. The Pandora and the ASUS EE are in two different ballfields.

The Pandora is so useless, just buy a laptop.

It may be useless to you, but to me, it has a lot of power for something that small.

That thing is not small enough to put it in your pocket

I am sure you are so right about this since they already have shown videos and measurements that it is no bigger than a DS Phat...

Oh also it does not look very comfortable to play a game on...

That can be debated. Looks can be deceiving. When I get mine, I'll make sure to mention if it isn't comfortable or not. Plus, you replied to a month old post.

Kopper said:
mkbullet4you said:
Chaos Knux said:
Pandora supports OpenGL.
Pandora could run SRB2JTE stably.
Pandora won a fight against Chuck Norris.

Need I continue?

Why chuck Norris? Nobody wants to fight him!!! He's like 50 or something!!

You good sir, have failed. Hard. Lern2meme. Seriously. You're also porting to a low resolution on the PSP, so that might count for something.

Have you played Crisis Core:Final Fantasy VII???? Cause if you have then you do realize the PSP can outweigh the PS2 In graphics! Play Crisis Core first then come back and tell us why I am right! Srb2 would be be perfect for PSP!

I was going to post that. To make SRB2 run perfectly on the PSP, you'd have to almost completely rewrite most of the code to optimize it.

mkbullet4you said:
Have you played Crisis Core:Final Fantasy VII???? Cause if you have then you do realize the PSP can outweigh the PS2 In graphics! Play Crisis Core first then come back and tell us why I am right! Srb2 would be be perfect for PSP!

So, you're assuming that the PSP can run SRB2 based off of how good one PSP game looks? Oh, this is rich.

The PSP doesn't have the specs to run SRB2 currently. You'd have to go and re-write all of the code for the PSP port, and that would take a helluva long time to do. Not many people are devoted to porting SRB2 to a console which will probably run SRB2 at a very crappy speed with a very crappy resolution, if it even runs at all. Simply put, SRB2 can be ported to the PSP, but you wouldn't get much more than SRB2 running at, day 3 frames per second with an ultra-low res.

Chisuun said:
mkbullet4you said:

So, you're assuming that the PSP can run SRB2 based off of how good one PSP game looks?

Not yet....But I am Damn Sure of it! If not then try "Jeanne d'Arc" Good Looking Game, Although not as Hi-Def as Crisis Core (Which is the Graphic Limit for PSP...), it is another Hi-res, (and yes catoon-ish looking...)game. Dissapointing isn't it? Not one developer will push the PSP to it's limits for the sake gaming...(Except Square Ennix!!! They always push it!)

SRB2's programming code does not translate cleanly over to the PSP, and it could use a heck of a lot of optimization. The computer I am using is 933 MHz, way more powerful than the PSP, and there are PLENTY of stages in which SRB2 struggles to get the framerate up to par.

Specifications is WAY more than clock speed, you know, guys. >_> The MIPS architecture is probably more efficient than the x86 architecture anyway.

Chisuun said:
mkbullet4you said:

So, you're assuming that the PSP can run SRB2 based off of how good one PSP game looks? Oh, this is rich.

No, we're basing it off of 2. I've never player Crisis Core, but the graphics for God of War for PSP were quite good. Oh and for the record, I'm not really supporting this.

SRB2 is WAY different to any other PSP game, and while the code DOES need optimisation and some modification, technically in its current state it should at least start, which the current port does.

The PSP probably has enough power for an optimised SRB2, so far in this topic some people think clock speed makes a CPU. I'm going to tell you now: It doesn't. AMD proved this years ago with their Athlon XP.

You don't need to rewrite the SRB2 engine for the PSP version to run, that's preposterous, if we had to do that, there WOULDN'T BE a PSP version. There's one reason Sonic Team Jr. coded SRB2 in C, you know: portability. They wouldn't use Assembly or Visual Basic for this, because that would make SRB2 practically impossible to port to other architectures (Assembly) or anything other than Windows (VB). C can be ported to other architectures and operating systems easily.

Anyway, I think I'll stop my rantings now...

And that's probably why Software might not run on the PSP, well I don't understand why you wouldn't use OpenGL anyway, you've got a half-decent GPU with dedicated RAM, why not use it?

Coulda used java, you know it's more portable (and I actually know it) except that it's performance is mediocre on anything but solaris. Oh well :(

Okay, let's go back in time to 1991 and tell ID software to write Doom in a nonexistant programming language.

Well, I thought Javascript was just internet programming. I don't believe it could make SRB2 what such ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back