Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I decided on something fairly simple;

NEWMINTRESIZE2.png

(Sized down to diminish page break)

Which sizes down (quite nicely I might add) to;

Mintynewness.png

Oh, and I also made this in my spare time;
3DMARIO.png

Thanks to everyone who gave me an idea, it really helped in my decision for the avatar I'll be using for a while.

Thend

Andy said:
I lol'd when I saw this topic. Anyways, I think you should stick with the random avatars you seem to be getting, though I do not see where this stuff is coming from at all.

Btw, I made all of my avatars :DDDDDDDDD

Andy said:
It's what kinda sets your avatars different from others, which is what I aim for. But of course it's your decision.

Interesting, but I'm usually busy on tons of stuff, and I'd rather not worry about my avatar a lot. DDDDDDD:

Segmint said:
Andy said:
I lol'd when I saw this topic. Anyways, I think you should stick with the random avatars you seem to be getting, though I do not see where this stuff is coming from at all.

Btw, I made all of my avatars :DDDDDDDDD

I make most of mine as well. Hell, I can't remember the last avatar I had that wasn't more than 50% custom.

This once again reminds me that I should make a gallery displaying all my avatars for showcase.

I just use cheap Paint.NET gimmicks to make my avatars. Higher quality stuff (for me, and many others) would probably take hours, just because it takes a lot of work.

Although, I do like your avatars. What do you use?

Most of the time, Macromedia Fireworks 8; if I do most of the work in MS Paint, I'll normally dab the avatar into Fireworks so as to add gradients, borders, effects, resizing, and/or conversion from bmp to gif.

For the current avatar, I mostly used MS Paint's line, curve, and pencil tools, then cut 'n' pasted the objects one by one into Fireworks, adding some gradients along the way.

I don't know much about Fireworks, but MSPaint? Yeesh. I use Flash for some things, but not really for graphics or anything.

To be honest, MS Paint can actually be pretty effective. It has a few tools that some editors don't have - spray paint and curved line being among them. Probably despite most's beliefs, you can use more than 16 colors, given you're using png or bitmap format.

I think it's safe to say Fireworks is very similar to Photoshop, though it undoubtedly works differently. Fireworks' way of making curved lines is needlessly complicated, and it doesn't have a spraypaint. On the upside, you can edit the pallettes when exporting, and it has transparency, animation, textures, a crapload of effects and tools, and flawless gif and jpeg compression.

I have Flash, but I never use it for graphics unless I'm actually making a flash animation. Even then, I can't make a full-length movie for my life without making it look like crap. I made one three years ago, and... um, it was crap.

For some reason, I can't use Photoshop. I can't deal with the layout and stuff. As for Paint.NET, it has an average amount of effects, but one thing it has, is the ability to make your own effects and plugins. There are tons of plugins for download, completely filling your effects menu, not to mention you can make your own. Hell, Paint.NET can even generate 3D objects with images or textures (of course, only simple 3D objects). At any rate, I'm sticking with it.

Oh and, I don't use Flash for animation, although I can make pretty basic stuff; if you look in my profile, you see under interests, "Web Design". That's all I use it for, as of now.

HTML + Flash + Paint.NET = omg

Of course, my website is taking a while... I just keep getting caught up in more and more projects. Right now, I'm pretty much just working on SRB2 stuff.

Segmint said:
For some reason, I can't use Photoshop. I can't deal with the layout and stuff. As for Paint.NET, it has an average amount of effects, but one thing it has, is the ability to make your own effects and plugins. There are tons of plugins for download, completely filling your effects menu, not to mention you can make your own. Hell, Paint.NET can even generate 3D objects with images or textures (of course, only simple 3D objects). At any rate, I'm sticking with it.

Interesting. Basing on your Mario avatar, I'm guessing it's just Paper Mario 3D? If that's the case, I think mine can do that, but not any further.

Oh and, I don't use Flash for animation, although I can make pretty basic stuff; if you look in my profile, you see under interests, "Web Design". That's all I use it for, as of now.

HTML + Flash + Paint.NET = omg

Of course, my website is taking a while... I just keep getting caught up in more and more projects. Right now, I'm pretty much just working on SRB2 stuff.

Just about the same; instead of getting caught up with working on SRB2 addons, though, I'm moreso working on a couple wikis, my own site (which was previously on a long hiatus), doing a crapload of cleanup on my computer, and freakin' school.

Hot damn, we really hijacked this topic. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back