Greg Wilmot, The Mediocre-ist is no longer with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrStephen

My PhD is made out of foam.
Judge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrhmaL7RlzU

If you've been watching the Completionist/That One Video Gamer, this is some horrible news.

Yes, as sad as it is, Greg Wilmot has left the channel. In the video I linked, Jirard; the Completionist, thanks Greg for his support. We don't really know why exactly he left, as Jirard doesn't want to talk about this, since it's a personal reason.

I have to be honest, I cried when I watched the video. I am still wiping off my tears while writing this. He was half of the videos' humor for many people. He won't be replaced, and all of his running gags are also gone. The show will go on, but only Jirard alone.

Sorry, I just had to write this down, and I thought that this was a good place to post this; since it's a general discussion.

I am very sorry if this has to be taken down for some reason. I just need to get this off my chest.

I think making a thread about Leonard Nimoy would be a bit better idea than this.

I imagine hardly anyone here knew Spock's actual name till he died. It's not until they die that suddenly everyone talks about a celebrity like they loved and knew them. That's dead rock star syndrome for you, I guess.

The way Jon's leave was handled was really, really awful though. The channel made a bunch of big changes with no warning, and instead of being transparent about it with their fans by clearing up any circulating rumors, they never mention or even reference Jon in episodes thereafter... I presume this is out of respect, but it comes off very awkwardly. Although I don't watch The Completionist, the video Jirard made regarding Greg's leave seems very thought-out and respectful.

That being said, Jon leaving GG was ultimately a good thing, if only because we got an amazing second season of JonTron out of it. And anyway, I think Dan is good enough of a Not-So-Grump to carry the show on his back, even without the extended cast GG has brought on.

I imagine hardly anyone here knew Spock's actual name till he died.
You greatly underestimate the popularity of Star Trek.

Meanwhile I have literally no idea who this guy is, or why the thread makes it sound like he died when he just left his YouTube stint.

Meanwhile I have literally no idea who this guy is, or why the thread makes it sound like he died when he just left his YouTube stint.

Well from what I can gather he also just flat-out said on twitter that he and Jirard (The guy in the video) "are no longer friends", and they've been doing this Youtube show for over three years, 120 episodes. But yeah, this thread is still exaggerating it quite a bit (especially the OP).

So he's yet another guy who plays video games and has to show it to everyone... okay.

Really, I seriously don't get why 2 out of 10 users act like this is a matter to cry over.

You greatly underestimate the popularity of Star Trek.

I generally meant outside of the base fandom. I expect Star Trek fans would know who played Spock, but I think it's likely that the majority of other people didn't know his name until his death. No disrespect to the actor himself, but these sorts of deaths get treated like such bullshit and everyone on social media acts like they really loved this or that specific actor.
That's a late clarification and it's off-topic but I wanted to explain anyway. This yet-another lp guy matters even less

Is this the only fitting time for me to post something like this? (I'm only doing it because it's mostly bear jokes made by Greg...)

Why would you title this thread "no longer with us"? That's a very, very specific phrase that doesn't match at all with what happened here.

Because this is an awful thread people keep bumping for no reason, so I guess I'll end it manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back