My computer has a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cream The Rabbit

Finally became a MLP fan
Every so often, a thing pops up on my gateway laptop telling me "This gateway product is registered" and so on, and it's really starting to cheese me off. How do I get rid of this danged thing? I've registered the stupid computer only to have a popup thing interrupt my computing activities every half hour or so? Honestly, I can't even play SRB2 without the game disappearing and my dektop showing that lovely message. Sure I can just go back to the game by hitting ALT-Tab, but that get to you, trust me.

Any advice would be awesome.

Last edited:
Yeah, it goes away in a bit, but still, it's a pain. It's be my birthday wish to make it go away for GOOD, and never come back!

Track some of the processes on your PC, if you don't know how to do this, CTRL + ALT + DEL, and open task manager; go to the "processes" tab. If there's any process related to that gateway message, end that; and then you probably won't see it again.

Although, this is only ending the process once, if you want it gone for good, you'll have to go to start, and run. Type in "msconfig". Go to the "startup" tab and if you've found the name of the process, uncheck it if it seems to be checked. Voila, no more popup message. Although I would not reccomend changing much else, it might mess with your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back