How can the configs for the original SRB2 Things be obtained?

Status
Not open for further replies.

742mph

My work is never done yet
Where can I find the States and Thing files that define the properties of the Things in an unmodified SRB2 game (such as SEESTATE, DEATHSTATE, etc.) in SOC format? Can they be downloaded from a website? Can they be found in a file in the game folder? Or do they need to be reconstructed from scratch? I know I've been asking a lot of questions lately, and I'm sorry to trouble all of you. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

Well, obviously the Wiki lists statistics about objects, but it doesn't exactly give much information on the frames/states that are used, and that's what is most important to me. For example, it doesn't tell me the number or duration of the frames.

Do you know how to use SOCEdit? If not, learn it here. Afterwards, you can extract the raw information for every object, state etc. by simply clicking "Save". The information should then be saved in the SOC file you are using.

It keeps telling me "File Not Found" when I try to edit the Things, even when I extract the source code to a folder and then point it to the folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back