fireworks.soc; Celebrating Independence day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

WR 102
OF COURSE I'M UP TILL 3 AM WORKING ON THIS, but this is a completely different story.

This SOC idea came from a certain type of weapon in a game namely 'Pocket Tanks'. Also being that this was independence day (And having nothing better to do then to launch fireworks), I thought I'd try and implement it.

How it works;
It's basically like firing a normal ring, except it explodes on contact with the wall or floor and has gravity. From there it spawns an object to float above it, and the floating object spawns an object to spin around it. The object that just exploded and spawned the floating object, now targets the orbiting objects and fires four exploding dibris objects that also explode on contact with a wall or floor.

Screenshots;
srb20070oe4.png

This is me firing a whole slew of them in one place.

Download;
http://www.sendspace.com/file/j149zu
Mirror;
http://www.flame.sepwich.com/srb2/socs/fireworks.soc

Nice soc Flame, It is very fun to use, but it would of had been cooler if the fireworks would change color each time you shot them.

Haven't tried it yet, but it seems interesting. I think this SOC could be used for other things than weapon rings, like scenery things, or debris from an enemy/bomb that had just exploded.

Thank you for the best 2-3 minutes of pointless SOC fun I've ever had.

Take a better screenshot, though. It looks a lot better fired in groups.

I used this in a net game today. Nothing...but...chaotic...FUN! I mean really you should have seen it in a match and CTF game. It turn the entire field into a war zone!

sonic260 said:
I used this in a net game today. Nothing...but...chaotic...FUN! I mean really you should have seen it in a match and CTF game. It turn the entire field into a war zone!
In that case you might of joined Mr.D's server.

(Lol, Pocket Tanks rox)

Not really a nice as I'd hoped, mainly because the smoke isn't really that great a sprite. I would've used sparkles or something. Still, not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back