Would this be possible at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Blake

Like in the dirt?!?
Real simple, is it possible to cause the various Eggman battles through out SRB2's vanilla campaign use different boss themes using Lua scripting?

I am asking as I would really like to have different boss themes to better match the themes in my personal music wad, such as for THZ1 I have a genesis mix of Grunty Industries outside, and for THZ2 I have a genesis mix of Grunty Industries inside. And so, as part of this mod, I would like to put my genesis mix of Weldar's boss theme for THZ3. Or, on another note, I would like CEZ3 to be my genesis mix of Fight the Knight.

So, would this be possible?

Or you could use Lua that determines which boss you are fighting and changes the music accordingly. I don't know if it would work though, since my knowledge of Lua = jack shit.

That's harder to do, and would cause problems with several bosses in the same level. I honestly don't know why you'd need to complicate this beyond what is needed if you can achieve the same thing through MAINCFG.

I actually did the MAINCFG thing, sucks that it counts the game as modified though, although Lua would not help there.

But I will say, the hit of Eggscalibur's cage matched with the opening note of my genesis mix of "Fight the Knight" sends goosebumps down my spine, it's quite cool. Also I found (obviously a Genesis mix of) GUN mobile from SA2 fits Deep Sea's boss quite nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back