The Official SRB2 Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have an idea. make a sonic sprite point to each option (checkboxes, wad files, etc...) and say something, like;

*points to wad adder* Hey, pick This one!
*points to Opengl checkbox* no no no This one!
*points to alternate EXE* lets do This one!
etc etc etc....

Make speech bubbles with his words in them, and make him just warp to each thing, don't have him running inbetween them.

And when you click GO! knuckles comes over, smacks him upside the head, and says, "SHUT UP!"

I'm sorry is that a stupid idea?

SSNTails said:
Please no 'stupid' ideas (like "maek sonci sing and dance to u while u pick optoins"), but feel free to post screenshots of GUI mockups, etc.

So, no offense, but yeah. Plus, I'm pretty sure that'd be a pain to code anyway. >_>

You know when you click on the Sonic image, you'll see him say something, right? (Like: Watch where you put that mouse...) When done too much, just change the pic to a angry Sonic. Its always better as him repeating all that stuff.

Say, the recent version on the site isn't launching SRB2 at all when I go. It just either says "Runtime error "53" File not found" (which I corrected) or it does nothing. AT. ALL.
Here's the settings I have:
Code:
Game:
Skin=Knuckles (Gold); Multiplayer [Host (Game Type=Cooperative; Max Players=10; Starting Map=1)].
WAD Files:
N/A.
Main Options:
Windowed Mode; Sound=MIDI Music (w/ SFX).
Network Options:
Don't Advertise Server.

Will this ever actually come out? I know it's shipped with SRB2 as source code, but actually a finished binary included in the main folder?

InuYasha said:
Do you know that command were it launches srb2 with the all the WADs you want to play with? How about you make it so you can start srb2 with socs running too. ^_^

Oh, and also, maek sonci sing and dance to u while u pick optoins.
You can open socs in that. Just choose any file, and select a soc.
Also, make it like a ZDL, IDL combination.

SSNTails said:
I've been doing some more Win32 programming lately, this time on the desktop, and I may have some extra time to work on a REAL official SRB2 launcher. But I was wondering... what should it look like? What options should it have?

Please no 'stupid' ideas (like "maek sonci sing and dance to u while u pick optoins"), but feel free to post screenshots of GUI mockups, etc.

Current Screenshots:

launch1.png

launch2.png

launch3.png
I need help, I can't even get online cause every time I click run it says (and I'm using the 2004 version too)"run time error" and I don't understand what the wiki is talking about. could someone help me?

NO MORE NAUGHTY EASTER EGGS!
I don't like those in a launcher for a kid's game. It's ridiculous that you have to watch your language on the master server while the launcher says inappropriate things to you.

Questionguy555 said:
I don't like those in a launcher for a kid's game. It's ridiculous that you have to watch your language on the master server while the launcher says inappropriate things to you.
Who says you have to watch your language on the master server? That's only for the server names, not the chat that goes on in the server.

Questionguy555 said:

Smidge204 made that launcher, not us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back