Help with texture (PNAMES Issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to set a new texture in SRB2. however, (I'm doing anything correct, I saw the wiki tutorial) whenever I open SRB2 and add the file, it says:

R_LoadTextures: Missing patch for texture BLUEW1

I also checked the PNAMES, (I imported it from SRB2.srb) it had a BLUEW1 W :849

1. I wonder what's causing the error, because SRB2.srb actually had that, but never happened, just to the new wad.

2. Why is there a W in it?

3. It's always the BLUEW1

EDIT: The wiki one works, but what's with the one in the srb2.srb?

Last edited:
I had the same problem as you, I've posted the request for help, you could have done a search before.

Anyway, I will not leave you like that. I managed to solve the problem, but in a different way. I, like you, had the message "R_LoadTextures: Missing patch for texture -------"

What I did and what I recommend, not to break your head, is to copy the lumps TEXTURE2 and PNAMES of a wad which contains working customized textures. (Tortured Planet, Moonlit Mountain...what you want.)
Then insert the two lumps in your wad.
==> Removes all textures in the TEXTURE2 lump which is in your wad.
==> PNAMES : Removes all textures which have the numbers 1314 and more. 0-1313 textures are official SRB2 textures, so do not touch them.

Then, to add a texture, you just have to rename TEXTURE2 in TEXTURE1, add your texture, and also add it in PNAMES. When you have added all the textures, renames TEXTURE1 to TEXTURE2.

Do not hesitate to ask me if something is wrong.

I Fixed that, PNAMES From wiki is fixed, but thank you anyways.

The PNAMES from .srb is broken.

And, TEXTURE2 you just need to put your own textures, not all from SRB2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back