The Final Version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FSX said:
Breakage of polyobjects for OpenGL?

You are alienating people who want SRB2 to look half-decent, SSN.

If I recall correctly, ZDoom only works in openGL. The challenge with polyobjects will be more with getting it to work in software, I think.

Kaysakado said:
Yeah, but I mean flip for all 360 degrees, which, while possible could be hard to program. (Although, in some cases, these kind of stuff can be programmed by having another program program it for you)

The original Sonic did not have full-360 flip. It was 8-direction.

And this is supposed to be classic-style.

FSX said:
Kaysakado said:
Yeah, but I mean flip for all 360 degrees, which, while possible could be hard to program. (Although, in some cases, these kind of stuff can be programmed by having another program program it for you)

The original Sonic did not have full-360 flip. It was 8-direction.

And this is supposed to be classic-style.
Whatever, 8 still =/= 2.

When will it be out!? and why is the pallete being redone?
I think the colors look fine the way they are...
A new srb2db configuration will have to be made,
and socs incompatible?
D:
Ah well...

:EDIT: fix'd

OBJECTION!

1. When it's done.
2. It's not, the pallete is being redone, and because we need more colors.
3. No, a new SRB2DB configuration file will have to be made.
4. Yeah, but there should be a conversion application to make them compatible.
5. D: owns :(, because :( is overused. *shot*

EDIT: Great job editing your post.

Kaysakado said:
1. When it's done.

Kaysakado wins it!

By the way, the full version might be somewhat the same compared to the version we have now. I mean, Sonic Team JR already got some of the big things out of the way. Now all they need to do is make some final adjustments and the rest of the levels.

If a polyobject can spin the FOF, it should mean that the floor and ceiling textures spin as well. If that's the case, one can actually make a proper corner. Making it smooth still sounds hard.

Okay, I'm still confused. You can make corners in SRB2. A corner is a point at where two walls meet. Make a box. It has four corners. What am I missing here?

My hat, it has three corners
Three corners has my hat
And had it not three corners
It would not be my hat

...er, I mean, they probably mean that the textures on corners that aren't right-angles sometimes don't look right, and that the ability to rotate the flat using polyobjects will apparently fix this oversight. Maybe? It's kind of hard to tell, really.

SSNTails said:
Okay, I'm still confused. You can make corners in SRB2. A corner is a point at where two walls meet. Make a box. It has four corners. What am I missing here?

Okay, technically a box has eight corners if you look at it from the inside with a third dimensional view, and from inside the box, the box's walls meet, forming said corners.

We could also destroy all sense of reality and rationalism and make every edge curved

Not neccasarily, it cvould be a round cube, like this:

ZOMGTEHROUNDEDRECTANGLEOLOLOLOLOLOLO.JPG
Sorry for lack of 1337 haxx, done in MS Paint in about two seconds.

SSNTails said:

Curved corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back