We're Not Dead Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the cutscene system will change in any way. It'd be wonderful if modders could use animated images like those used in SRB2's opening animation.

That "opening animation" was just a bundle of images/scenes, they weren't animated really.
They just put one image after the other and speed up the change between the images being shown on screen. However for the part in the opening cutscene were sonic was running: they just repeated the images at a fast pace. Any one can do this, it's just time consuming. (the floating meteorite is another example)

Aren't all animations just a bundle of images really? =P

Besides which, SRB2's opening cutscene actually cheats the general cutscene system, being hardcoded and all.

I really can't believe that it isn't dead. I gave up on it after waiting so long, but I might actually get back into playing it if the update comes out soon enough.
You know, and then I'll just get banned from the forums for whatever reason.
And I'm probably receiving an infraction for something minimal on this post. And now I've probably just got myself another one for being off topic. I should shut up now.

I really can't believe that it isn't dead. I gave up on it after waiting so long, but I might actually get back into playing it if the update comes out soon enough.
You know, and then I'll just get banned from the forums for whatever reason.
And I'm probably receiving an infraction for something minimal on this post. And now I've probably just got myself another one for being off topic. I should shut up now.

Well at least you had the decency to split the relevant part of your post into a second paragraph, that's a start!

=/

I'm sorry I started this, I didn't mean to start a ruckus on development. (however, isn't that quite common?) I shouldn't have brought up anything about the netcode.

But, just to clear things up, could someone (not a regular user, a DEVELOPER) tell what the actual progress is on fixing the netcode? I doubt this idea will work, but it should help stop some of the questions and rumors about it.

Last edited:
=/

I'm sorry I started this, I didn't mean to start a ruckus on development. (however, isn't that quite common?) I shouldn't have brought up anything about the netcode.

But, just to clear things up, could someone (not a regular user, a DEVELOPER) tell what the actual progress is on fixing the netcode? I doubt this idea will work, but it should help stop some of the questions and rumors about it.

You didn't "start a ruckus". People were being stupid. Not your doing, you can't help that.

I'm going to dispel the rumors and everything right now because it's getting out of hand, and this happens every time it's brought up.

That image you see with JTE saying "cows" is real. The netcode is 'fixed' in the sense that it is working about as effectively as it does in 2.0.6.

There is nothing major that is preventing us from making a release. Everything we are dealing with currently are standard development things and there is nothing incredibly major breaking the game. The only reason you guys aren't seeing a release right now is because the content isn't ready.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that content that isn't ready has something to do with Eggscalibur? I may be wrong.

Well, if the netcode works the same that the one on 2.0.6, It's good enough. Besides, I'm sure it wasn't easy to put the netcode back together.

Whew, so we're getting a release this year.

I would open a bottle of champagne for this, but I think I should keep it for when the single-player is truly over and done with. Besides, the wait time wasn't nearly as long as when we waited for 2.0.

Still, three cheers for Sonic Team Jr. for having faith in its community and keeping up the hard work for us all.

Whew, so we're getting a release this year.

I would open a bottle of champagne for this, but I think I should keep it for when the single-player is truly over and done with. Besides, the wait time wasn't nearly as long as when we waited for 2.0.

Still, three cheers for Sonic Team Jr. for having faith in its community and keeping up the hard work for us all.
I definetly agree to that, without them I would not know how classic gameplay could be made cool using Doom.

I'm guessing that content that isn't ready has something to do with Eggscalibur? I may be wrong.
Mystic mentioned in IRC that Eggscalibur needs a redesign because right now it's not fun. There are probably other things that need to be done before 2.1 can be released, but yeah, Eggscalibur is one of them.

Besides, the wait time wasn't nearly as long as when we waited for 2.0.
Time between 1.09.4 release and 2.0 release: 2 years, 11 months
Time since 2.0 release: 3 years, 10 months
Time since 2.0.6 release: 2 years, 11 months

Any way you put it, the wait time has been at least as long.

I didn't know the gaps were that big, good thing that my life is always preoccupied. I wonder if there will be a CEZ3 area?

Considering they're working on the Eggscalibur, I'd think there would be.

And dispite any stupitity of this question, the Eggscalibur wasn't a remake of Rusty Ruin's boss, was it?

I figure I'd ask as when I hear Eggscalibur, I think of that.

Yeah , I didn't knew what I was saying about those times between releases. Also, I think that they may be working on some details to some levels? Well, who knows right?

I am glad to hear there's a good chance 2.1 will be released this year. You guys do a really good job, so I really say, as long as 2013 sees 2.1, it's good enough for me.

From what I'm seeing, 2.1 has more playercolor options, but did you guys go all out like the unreleased kart build and add 64 or so?

From what I'm seeing, 2.1 has more playercolor options, but did you guys go all out like the unreleased kart build and add 64 or so?
Wow, do you mean that dark-cyan knuckles in creator.wad screenshot?
I think that's done with Lua scripting. If it is, then it's probably possible to script all possible srb2 colors into a playercolor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back