SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > Video Games

Old 06-15-2017   #1
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Default E3 Discussion?

Jesus christ, Nintendo. 2D Metroid with a new combat system. Revival of Kirby GCN. An update of M&L with a side mode that has a unique combat system. Big band Mario with lyrics. Obligatory Sanic. Fucking Metroid Prime 4.

I'm actually pissed, because I didn't want to get a Switch, but Nintendo is basically gunning me down right now with shit that I need to buy. Plus I have a ton more reasons to keep playing my 3ds now. The only ways Nintendo could have possibly topped this would have been to announce Pikmin 4 or an oldschool Paper Mario successor.

So uh, your highlights?

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017   #2
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

I figured I was going to end up getting a Switch for the holidays just from Mario Odyssey's existence, but actually seeing it played makes me quite hyped, as I loved the hell out of SM64 and am happy to see more non-linear gameplay out of Mario. Xenoblade 2 and the double Metroid is just icing on the cake.

Also, hnng I NEED the Tiki amiibo...Fire Emblem dragon lolis <3
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017   #3
Whackjood
The unreliable joodge
Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
Also, hnng I NEED the Tiki amiibo...Fire Emblem dragon lolis <3

From this years e3, I was watching just for more Sonic Mania + Forces information, and to see if I could find out anything regarding the upcoming XCOM 2 expansion.

The gameplay footage of Mania looks exciting, the gameplay footage of Forces is uninteresting to me, but oh well.

Other games I found out about and am interested in, include Marvel's Spider-Man as the combat is similar to the Arkham games which I really enjoyed. And Spider-Man 2 on the PS2 was a pretty good game, even with the pizza song. (of course, it's a PS4 exclusive and I still have no interest in getting a PS4. So maybe, if it ever gets ported to PC or something in a few years? \_(ツ)_/ )

Mario Odyssey looks great too. Good thing Mystic covered that one first!
Battlenet tag: Whackjood#2732
fake!fake!
Whackjood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017   #4
Nev3r
Global Offensive
Developer

Now that I know why nintendo C&D'd the fan made metroid 2 remake, I can pretty much say that they can go fuck themselves and that I'm not buying them anything ever.
Old 06-17-2017   #5
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev3r View Post
Now that I know why nintendo C&D'd the fan made metroid 2 remake, I can pretty much say that they can go fuck themselves and that I'm not buying them anything ever.
With that attitude, don't expect to get another Metroid game ever after this :^)

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017   #6
toaster
トースタちゃん
Developer

?????

surely the fact that they have something to offer instead of AM2R at least justifies their motivations

if they were shutting it down just to stop fan content from existing, that would be worse
<MonsterIestyn> watch porm to keep warm
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017   #7
RedEnchilada
happy, pretty, lovely!
Developer

........So is anyone else looking forward to Pokken DX?

I can't wait to main Decidueye
Old 06-17-2017   #8
Steelie
hakuna matata..?

Personally I'm greatly hyped for Shadow of War, after finishing about twice the previous title. Also obligatory Assassin's Creed has some eye catching scenery and gameplay, though the steering arrows are a bit out of place.

Speaking of Ubisoft, as somebody who enjoyed Black Flag's naval gameplay a bit too much, I certainly was pleasantly surprised by Skull & Bones.

The Nintendo games also make me wish I had enough money to buy a Switch. Unfortunately a 3DS is currently on my wishlist..

My suckish channel for SRB2 (and cats).
Steelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017   #9
Potatosack
funyn menme

I was quite cynical and assholish about this at first, but Actual Metroid 2 Remake (still AM2R because whynot) looks pretty cool.

I still care about it less than Kirby 2018, though. Kirby is my soul.
Potatosack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017   #10
Golden Shine
Your golden angel arrives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev3r View Post
This is the greatest way to make sure Metroid's going to stay gone. AM2R will always be around for all to play, and I know even DoctorM himself specifically requested NOT to hate on Nintendo for it.

Quote:
Please, don't hate Nintendo for all of this. It's their legal obligation to protect their IP.
Instead of sending hate mail, get the original M2 from the eShop. Show them that 2D adventure platformers are still a thing people want.
I'm hyped for Samus Returns personally. It looks a little low-budget graphically, but for the most part it looks to be really fun to play. Honestly, that announcement alone made this E3 go from "okay" to "awesome" for me.

SRB2 Metroid Edition(Samus.wad)
Golden Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017   #11
ProtoBlur
also known as King Proto

I didnt watch ALL the trailers but from what I've seen...
Mania and Forces looks as hype as ever for me, and I got SUPER exited for the new Kirby game. SMO also looks amazing as ever, especially since I've been playing SMS recently.
Old 06-22-2017   #12
MarioFreak2001
The Cyan Knux

Nintendo has no mercy on our wallets.

Seriously. Super Mario Odyssey went from "I want it." to "I NEEEEEEEED IIITT!!!!!"
Old 06-23-2017   #13
NeoLucario87
luigi's cowboy impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioFreak2001 View Post
Nintendo has no mercy on our wallets.
Exactly, my Wallet has already went on A Run For It's Money.

Odyssey looks really great, i didn't really expect you controlling almost EVERYTHING, but Cappy overall is gonna be a good Partner! Now i'm expecting Cappy someday to be in SRB2.
M&L: SSS Remake also looks good, and i'd like to see how we control Bowser's Troops correctly in the future.

Last edited by NeoLucario87; 06-25-2017 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Small Misspelling Error
NeoLucario87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017   #14
Phantom-blade
Best Octoling!

I fucking died of happiness when I saw the trailer for the Shadow Of The Colossus remake, it was one of my favourite games and it'll always will be. The other games look awesome too! We are getting alot of good things this and next year. I seriously need help controlling my excitement.
Phantom-blade is offline   Reply With Quote