Halo 3: ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Timberwolf: i assume its a video game discussion.

Anyways I have heard of it and am intending to get this christmas or birthday I also have seen reservation prizes being the option to play as Sgt. johnson in one of the game types. But I am not going to hype on about it until i get it.

If you pre-order ODST from any Gamestop, then you can play as Sgt. Johnson.

My lil bro pre-ordered it with the 360 he bought with his birthday money. I'm a classic gamer so I don't really care as much as he does...

I also think you get the multiplayer beta version of Halo Reach.

I think this actually looks pretty fun, especially with the new multiplayer firefight mode it has to offer.

I'd have to complain. I don't really like the price of this game. (60 dollars) Since its probably going to be Halo 3 with updates. :/

Halo 3 with totally generic soldiers without regenerating health?

If that's not a step in the right direction, I don't know what is.

It's really insulting that Bungie insists on coasting on the success of the Halo franchise. ODST appears to be merely an attempt to rekindle the same old love that players have felt without creating a new or different experience.

I sure am insulted that a game studio is actually trying to make money. They SHOULD just let Halo die, regardless of the fact that fans want more of it, and try their luck with a whole new franchise that may or may not be successful. I mean, come on.

No. This argument has been played nonstop all over the internet for years. I don't get why anyone bothers using it still. This thread is for discussing the game in the subject, not for telling everyone about how much you dislike Halo and want them to stop making games.

Because a totally new story featuring totally different characters and a completely new game mode is totally Halo 3 with updates.

Yeah, you just explained my point. I don't see anything too different besides new characters, adding a campaign and some extra mode.
I would love to get this game, but if it was 30-40 bucks... I would rush to get it. May I add a lot of the multiplayer maps are just Halo 3 DLC?

I don't think that justifys me to spring into action and spend my money. And what if I bought the DLC? Am I getting ripped off? Paying for the same thing... TWICE?

Edit:

I'll throw in another example.

Sonic Unleashed - Add Shadow,Silver,Vector,Amy. Dark Gaia and chip come back. New game mode! Catch the fireflys! All for 60 bucks!

Edit 2:

BTW this game got 9/10 by IGN. INB4 HALO is overrated!!!!

Last edited:
Autosaver said:
HALO is overrated

Might I add Master chief in the overrated list?

I'll just say this...

ODST's only good purpose is.... it's not a waste of money this time around.

Free Halo:Reach Beta & All the maps in one disk. (well not literally on one disk, but all in the game pack period.)

I heard the reach beta is only in pre-order?

Am I right or wrong?

Wrong I believe, Because it was said that anyone who picks up Halo 3 ODST, will be able to play the Halo Reach Beta.

As for ODST I reserved it, and I think its going to be a alright game, and the fact it comes with all the map packs free, you can play as ODST's, and i think the campaign's going to be pretty decent.

Yes, but one thing this game DOESN'T have that the other games do have, Master Chief! This has new characters and a different story, it has no sign of the Chief or The Arbiter in it. You also can't run as fast, you can't jump as high, you don't have a motion tracker (nightvision ftw), you can't use certain weapons 'cuz your only human, not a super powered spartan or alien, you also get to play as more than 2 characters in the campaign mode. Just because it says Halo 3, it doesn't mean it will be the same.

No flood either. And the city. What we've always wanted to play through, a decent city.

I've heard they screwed up with the health system.

If you get hit, it heals back. But you have "stamina" if you keep getting hit. You get hit forever. So only a small part of your health is regenerated. And t oheal the rest, you need to find med-packs.

(Which I heard are very rare)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back