Official Level Design Contest: May/June

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if I released a match level and redid it from scratch later but kept the design very similar, would it still be applicable?

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Simsmagic said:
I sent my level in now. I'm actually not really expecting spectacular scores or anything though.

Well, is it better than Freezing Flare Zone? Maybe you'll make a level that gets over a 6.00! I think my 1P zone will get over a 6.00, but I doubt it will get a score higher than 8.00.

I can't say for sure, I spent a week on it, but I ran out of ideas for gimmicks about halfway in, so I just kind've went withit until it's finished. It won't be cramped like FFZ though, I'll tell you that. When I finished the basic layout, the first thing I did was increase the size by double. It shouldn't be cramped, but it may be a tad obvious that I did that.

And sixes love me for some reason, I have no clue why. Except for DMZ1, which got a 3.

I'd not risk it, really. FuriousFox, please answer, O, almighty sound effects person!

Fixed. >_>

Sounds like this is going to be the best contest since JanFeb08.

Gemini Spark said:
I'd not risk it, really. FuriousFox, please answer, O, almighty sound effects person!

Fixed. >_>

Sounds like this is going to be the best contest since JanFeb08.

I recalculated the averages in SeptOct05 (the one with The Shining River Zone). JanFeb08 was the worst contest on record according to the averages.

The map would be beautiful if two of your buildings didn't look like giant stacks of batteries. :p

I'll Begin said:
Everyone knows the best contest was the one with Winter Twilight Zone in it. :3

Wrong. It was the first contest with the CTF division with the best score. It was JanFeb06.

And I'll Begin, did you notice that Winter Twilight Zone lost by 0.01 points?

GemEarthBrandon said:
I'm not joining anymore contests. I already know what happend before.

What happened before was you entered an already released level. The simple solution is to enter a level you have not released before and if it's going to be in a level pack, try to with hold the level untill after voting starts to avoid a repeat of events and not break contest rules.

I wasn't planning on entering the OLDC this time, seeing as I failed to finish any of my planned entry maps before the voting started. None of those maps are finished, not even now. Besides, nobody seemed to care about my maps before...

I'll see if I could try and finish MMZ2 in time if I can, as long as I try not to rush it... It's getting near finished anyway...

He's working on Sand Kingdom 1 right now... I doubt he'll have that finished in time for the contest. He may have something else, though... Right, Hyperknux? lolol*shot*

I don't expect to win this contest, because my 1P level is about as big as Some guy's 1P levels. But I like my level being big. I only intended, however, for it to take about 3 minutes to beat the level. However, it takes even longer for ME to beat it. My record is between 3-4 minutes.

The beautiful thing is that my level is still within the BLOCKMAP limit. But only barely.

Never mind about what I said before about finishing off MMZ2 for the OLDC. There's just not enough time to finish it without rushing it. I might try finishing it off for the next one though...

Why didn't you start working on it during the voting of the other contest? You would have had enough time, then.

And I submitted a Match map yesterday. I'm aware my Match maps haven't done well, so this probably won't do that well, either. Oh, well. At least I'm learning.

Has someone made an X-box match map yet? Because I have one somewhere within my computer and I may be able to enter it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back