• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mystic Realm Legacy (Portation topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
Recently, Someone on youtube has been posting a rather botched port on their recent video. So now I think it's time to show what Blue Warrior and I have done so far.

No Screen shots, I got a Video instead.
*see signature*

The plan is to finish the port next year, Right now I have to get a jump on SRB2 Christmas.

Socs have been removed from this demo due to a bug with the NiGHTS Axis

All Unlockables are unable to be unlocked at this point through normal means. Both mixes of Midnight freeze's music are accessible (Old is tunes 172). All badniks from all difficulty levels are pressent except on the Boss levels where it's just the Normal mode boss.

Things needed to be done are the rest of the levels and the Socs numbers shifted around.

If I really need Screens in place of the video, tell me and I'll go get some.

Last edited:
[22:21] <Kaysakado> Mystic, how far are you porting?
[22:21] <@Mystic> I made a batch and ran it. Looks like I'll need a little more stuff coded, I'll do it another night when I have people at my disposal
03[22:22] * TatsujinU (MastaU.1s0@pool-96-225-149-134.nrflva.east.verizon.net) has joined #srb2fun
[22:22] <@Rob> Porting what, dare I ask
[22:22] <@Rob> ?
[22:22] <@Mystic> because I'm not glaber and I don't have a fetish for manually doing everything
[22:22] <@Mystic> Mystic Realm
02[22:22] * SonicFreak94 (MichaelwFa@76.245.120.229) Quit (Ping timeout: 180 seconds)
[22:22] <@Rob> What would need extra coding there?
01[22:23] <D00D64> ...ait
02[22:23] * Penopata (Cordelia@pool-71-185-19-54.phlapa.fios.verizon.net) Quit (Ping timeout: 180 seconds)
01[22:23] <D00D64> Mystic is PORTING something?
[22:23] <@Mystic> I need a find/replace for the entire file, Rob
[22:23] <@Mystic> It's not HARD, D00D64.
01[22:23] <D00D64> I know
[22:23] <@Mystic> I ran it through lvlconv and it's already playable.
[22:23] <@Rob> Workbench, Mystic.
01[22:23] <D00D64> But I thought you wern't porting Mystic Realm!
[22:23] <@Rob> It has that.
[22:23] <@Rob> A find/replace for everything.
[22:23] <Kaysakado> He is just to shut everyone up, D00d
[22:23] <@Mystic> really, Rob?
01[22:23] <D00D64> Oh
[22:23] <@Mystic> I don't mean by map
[22:23] <Kyasarin> My FFZ2 ended up broken somehow after running FFZ1 in the converter.
[22:23] <@Mystic> I mean the whole file
[22:23] <@Rob> Pretty much.
[22:23] <Kaysakado> More or less to prove how easy it is
[22:23] <Kyasarin> So I was left to do it manually, for some reason.
[22:23] <Kaysakado> I was intending to do something similar
[22:24] <Kaysakado> But I decided "**** this"
[22:24] <Kaysakado> because it wasn't worth converting all the socs and stuff
03[22:24] * SonicFreak94 (MichaelwFa@76.245.120.229) has joined #srb2fun
[22:24] <Kyasarin> Hi.
[22:24] <@Mystic> What's the password again?
01[22:24] <D00D64> Speaking of, you just need to do SOC porting then, right Mystic?
[22:24] <@Mystic> Really ought to drop that password by this point
[22:24] <@Rob> I was able to port BSZ over with it pretty much entirely.
[22:25] <@Mystic> I figure I'll harass Prime_2 into porting the SOC, D00D64
01[22:25] <D00D64> ah
01[22:25] <D00D64> So, EVERYTHING is ported? Or jsut the main quest (which is really enough)?
03[22:25] * Armonte[-Hosting-] is now known as ARmonte
[22:25] <@Mystic> Well, the enemies and graphics weren't ported, obviously
[22:25] <@Rob> Granted, I used the converter for the excess amount of custom things. =P
03[22:25] * ARmonte is now known as Armonte[-Hosting-]
01[22:25] <D00D64> Aww, Armonte was hosting soemthing and I missed it ;-;
01[22:25] <D00D64> owait
[22:26] <@Mystic> and I need to set up a script to remove all the difficulty-based FOFs
[22:26] <Kyasarin> There's difficulty-only FOFs?
[22:26] <@Mystic> There were in 1.09.4
[22:26] <Kyasarin> Er, was?
[22:26] <Kyasarin> oh
[22:26] <@Mystic> and Mystic Realm used them quite a lot
[22:27] <Senku> We need a SOC converter :<
[22:27] <Senku> Pretty much shift all the olf frames and such to the new ones
[22:27] <Senku> *old
10youretooslowsomysticisdoingithimself

Well, seems Mystic is porting only the level architecture (the converter's job), but not the graphics, yet. On the other hand, I guess Glaber has ported some graphics.

I believe something here can still be used, and not all Glaber's work be dropped out.

All badniks from all difficulty levels are pressent except on the Boss levels where it's just the Normal mode boss.

You should know Hard-mode badniks make Mystic Realm a true hell. I wouldn't mind if such enemies were erased definitely. At least.

Last edited:
Might I ask why in the world you included the un-ported levels? I went to Verdant Forest 1, and what looks like an SRB1 enemy jumped at me from out of no where. Of course, it scared me. -_-

Lazyness. I maily blocked access for single player, but forgot about multiplayer. The SRB1 enemies took some of the old player slots for players 5 and up.

I'd like to think of it as a beta stage, but letting that slip up go was a mistake.

What are the rows of red springs doing in TVZ1? They propel you far too much and I think those should be yellow.

Also, please remove those Hard mode crawlas. That was a pretty pointless idea in the first place, but it just plays horribly.

Quick question: For AGZ, will you just be porting it, or will you split NAGZ into different acts?

MFZ1 is sorta broken; there's an Elemental Shield at the beginning of the level. >.> Shouldn't Inferno Shields be turned into Force Shields? And there's also a spring ontop of the structure that wasn't there in the original.
And really, get rid of all those annoying Hard mode enemies, they make levels like SCZ an even more real pain in the butt.

And, AGZ will be almost impossible as Knux due to his low jump height and those stupid unclimbable walls. >_>

I convert shields based on function. This means I convert both Water and Inferno into elemental.

Spirit Crusher, Thanks for notifying me about the wrong springs, They will be fixed in the next release.

AGZ will be ported.

Oh, and I will reduce the difficulty. Hard mode badniks (flag 4) will be deleted.

That spring is from easy mode LightspeedX. Should I still remove it?

Last edited:
[22:25] <@Mystic> Well, the enemies and graphics weren't ported, obviously
If it helps, I tried to convert Mystic Realm myself and did all the graphical stuff and then bumped into the SOC. I can give you the converted stuff if somebody else hasn't already. Are you still afraid of lump editors and lumpmod everything into one big pile of... lumps?

I currently use a combination of XWE, notepad, and SOC edit. I assume XWE is the lump editor.

Also no one has given me an updated copy of the Soc'd badniks and bosses from this mod yet. Though if anyone wants to help I won't say no.

I bet when it will be finished to be ported and realeased, 99.99% of the servers wil be running on Mystic Realm. Anyways, a couple of days ago, I saw an server named Mystic Realm 2.0 beta or something.

I have seen the progress of this mod at the SRB2wiki and its pretty good. I always played this on version 1.0.9.4 of Srb2.

Now its being ported to 2.0 version. Its so awesome. By the way, Glaber i'm also counting on you. If you need any help please tell me and i will help you at once.

MEGA Bump:

The project is back in progress. The current status is still the 3 level demo, but now, the Soc conversion process is up to the buffer chase sequence converted. Once the soc is finished, I'll be focused back on the levels again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back