New computer, Worth the money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO. Do not buy one now. As if your getting it premade wait till Windows 7 comes out. As Windows Vista is VERY iffy. Or you can get Linux. :p

Or..
A.Build yourself a CPU.
B. Upgrade your CPU.

I'd get an AM3 Phenom and a board that supports DDR3 if I were you, DDR2 is kinda old hat now and you'll soon find your motherboard won't let you upgrade because it doesn't support DDR3.

Oh, and the graphics card is a serious bottleneck. That and it's HP, who are known to put all sorts of rubbish on their machines (although a format solves that).

As in, it would cap what you can do with it, a 9100 isn't exactly high-end, really.

That one looks okay, I guess. I never really look into ATI cards or the price of pre-built PCs, that and I got mine in parts so I can't really compare, because I can't remember the total price. =P

Cue said:
As in, it would cap what you can do with it, a 9100 isn't exactly high-end, really.

That one looks okay, I guess. I never really look into ATI cards or the price of pre-built PCs, that and I got mine in parts so I can't really compare, because I can't remember the total price. =P

Well im no PC wizz, but i do all my own computer work, and i have never bought a new, store bought PC before, I would have thought it would be more expensive to build one myself.

I have no input. I just have a Compaq Presario CQ60-211DX Notebook PC, so I can't verify on desktops. =P

Although, they don't look too bad. Both of 'em. But yeah. They're both HPs, and HP is veeeery faulty over half of the time.

Woodstock said:
Cue said:

Well im no PC wizz, but i do all my own computer work, and i have never bought a new, store bought PC before, I would have thought it would be more expensive to build one myself.

When you buy it pre-built, you not only pay for the parts, you pay for the stuff they put on there (usually) and the construction fee. Sometimes it works out cheaper, but that's rare.

Cue said:
Woodstock said:
Cue said:

When you buy it pre-built, you not only pay for the parts, you pay for the stuff they put on there (usually) and the construction fee. Sometimes it works out cheaper, but that's rare.

I guess i should look up all the individual parts, and see how much it would be.

Old things rulez. Dont buy it.

Or you can buy it, but if you dont use your computer playing, musics, etc. then leave the old one. Then again if you play, play music, etc. then buy the new one. THEN AGAIN if you are thinking, then just wait new windows :P.

HP is complete crap, they put a software update thing on my mum's computer and you can't delete it. You have to end its process every time you log onto the computer and if you don't it runs like 10x slower. :S She has a lot of important stuff on there so she doesn't want to format even though I try to explain I have a 6GB flash drive which will hold a bazillion silly Word documents.

I don't think you should get a quad-core. Unless your a huge gamer, you shouldn't spend so much to surf the web.

Autosaver said:
I don't think you should get a quad-core. Unless your a huge gamer, you shouldn't spend so much to surf the web.

Dual cores usually have a higher clock speed, and most games don't support multi-threading. They're better for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back