Resource icon

[Open Assets] Start Boost Helper! (KL_startboosthelper_v1.3.pk3)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Afrorule

Finding it hard to hit that pesky 2 frame window when trying to get that sweet perfect boost? Well, this should help you!

attachment.php

Visualises when you're actually charging your boost as well as indicators (on the bar) which show when you should start charging!

Console command:
showprogressbar: Hides/shows the bar HUD that appears at the beginning of the race

Changelog:
v1.3 - Fixed the bar moving too fast on interpolated builds.
v1.2 - Fixed incorrect button registers.
v1.1 - Initial release (?)

Attachments

• kart0040.gif
    kart0040.gif
    4.4 MB · Views: 8,649
  • kart0041.gif
    kart0041.gif
    4.8 MB · Views: 673
  • KL_startboosthelper_v1.1.pk3
    2.6 KB · Views: 428
  • KL_startboosthelper_v1.2.pk3
    2.6 KB · Views: 779
  • KL_startboosthelper_v1.3.pk3
    2.6 KB · Views: 1,014
Last edited:
Welcome to releases! Though, a suggestion, I'd like a console command to remove the bar, while keeping the messages indicating how close you nailed it, so that after practicing with a visual bar, you can then try without it while still getting feedback or just turning the bar back on if you need help again.

60 FPS Issue

Is there a workaround or fix if the gauge at the bottom goes too fast? I'm using a 60 fps mod and it causes startboosthelper to go way to fast. Is there something in the code I can change or an update that will be released that will fix this?

I never could have that precious perfect turbo... And i never through someone would make this.

Is there a workaround or fix if the gauge at the bottom goes too fast? I'm using a 60 fps mod and it causes startboosthelper to go way to fast. Is there something in the code I can change or an update that will be released that will fix this?

There is now.

Overdue update: Fixed the moving bar from going crazy on interpolated builds.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back