Fixed Collision with enemies, etc, is poor when you're moving way too fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
While this is a known bug, you kinda left out what's actually happening - you're landing on the ground and uncurling before collision with objects is tested. I wonder if somehow these two procedures can be switched around.

Ah, GFZ2 crawla clipping syndrome. I hate this bug so, but it's been known for a long time, and will probably just get marked "won't fix". It's a real pity, too; crawla bouncing from insane heights is some of the best fun to be had in SRB2.

ACZ1 is also a giant offender of this, but GFZ2 definitely takes the cake.

EDIT: Huh, monitors work just fine.

Last edited:
ACZ1 is also a giant offender of this, but GFZ2 definitely takes the cake.

EDIT: Huh, monitors work just fine.

Did you test that with the monitors and enemies at the exact same height, with the same jump height from yourself? Even if you increase how high you start at, a change in height can make the bounce work or not, depending on whether one of the frames from the fall lands you on the enemy, but above the ground. I had Kuja alter a few things in one of his levels to take advantage of that.

Did you test that with the monitors and enemies at the exact same height, with the same jump height from yourself? Even if you increase how high you start at, a change in height can make the bounce work or not, depending on whether one of the frames from the fall lands you on the enemy, but above the ground. I had Kuja alter a few things in one of his levels to take advantage of that.
Yep, I used the same example WAD from the original post but added another, identical hole with a ring monitor in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back