super monkey ball 2
sonic next gen

Doom 1/2/3 -Buy
Mortal kombat Armageddon-Buy
Mugen-Free
SRB2 -Free
Tales Runner -Free
Track mania nations -Free

And hard as hell. I never did get passed that whale-world thing.

The difficulty's exactly what I loved about it. I made me want to keep playing it and beat it.
Clock Tower Hill (World eight) was really hard, but the last two worlds were a pushover, really. There's some levels brought back from the original game in there.

Sonic games
Kingdom Hearts series
Toontown

You can laugh, but mind you that toontown is a silly game. And I like silly! :D

okay... (Not in any order)*Takes deep breath*

Play Station1-3

Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy IX
Naruto Ultimate ninja 2-3
. Hack series(including G.U.)
Chaos legion
Little Big Planet
Chrono Trigger
PC
Universal Century Gundam Online
Dragonica online
I wanna be the guy
Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst
DS
The World Ends With You
Final Fantasy III
Gundam 00
Sonic Rush Adventure
Megaman starforce 1,3
Phoenix wright Series.
GBA
Mother 3
Sonic Advance 3
Golden sun 1-2
GameCube
Sonic Adventure 1-2-GC
Genesis
The first 3 Sonic games
Ristar
SNES
Earthbound
Various systems
Super smash bros. series
Classic megaman
Zelda series
The Kingdom Hearts series

Epic games are Epic.

Last edited:
Mainly, any game that can get me extreamly stressed and push my skills to limit, are my favorites.

Silent Hill: Creepy as heck, the ridicously bad combat system makes it even creepier.
Trauma Center: Extra-hard operations plus intense storyline.
Shadow of the Colossus: Realism, FTW.
Dino Crisis: Getting the No-damage bonus for each zone can blow you a brain cell.

I would rather have people put actual content in their posts in this topic rather then just listing off games. Explain why you like the games so much.

Sure thing, Torgo. This ought to generate more interesting discussion, anyway.

* Sonic 3 and Knuckles - I really, really like the platforming in this game and how well each level's individual gimmicks are incorporated into that platforming. The production values are excellent, and the seperate backgrounds, musical tracks, and bosses for each individual act makes me giddy. The seperate routes for Knuckles and the seperate final bosses each character faces makes the levels and storyline more natural and believeable. And in my opinion, Sonic 3 and Knuckles incorporated its story developments into the game perfectly, without the need for cutscenes or diologue.

Now, to be fair, I'm going to list some things I don't like about S3+K. The Special Stages aren't that thrilling. Once you establish the sphere patterns and how to deal with them, they're redundant. I also don't care much for the Bonus Stages, although the Rolling Jump one is rather fun. The multiplayer mode in Sonic 2 is far superior, as I'd much rather race through full-lengthed in-game zones than little midget zones that, like the Special Stages, are too formulaic. Finally, some of the acts (like the second acts of Carnival Night and Sandopolis) are so large that you're forced to rush through them in order not to time out. This totally clashes with natural tendency and benefits of exploring the levels.

* Sonic CD - The game's aesthetics are, in my opinion, superior to even Sonic 3 and Knuckles's. The ability to travel to different time periods is a treat, and I love it how gameplay is actually altered depending on which period you go to (badniks in varying states of disrepair, the different placements of gimmicks and traps, the presence of Eggman's Machines and Metal Sonic projectors in the past). The bosses and the means to defeat them are (usually) delightfully unconventional. The Special Stages are both pretty and fun, although hunting down the time-extending UFO gets to be a drag in later rounds. Finally, the extras, especially the animations, sound test, hidden illustrations, and Wacky Workbench statues are nice.

The level design of this game, however, never feels as strong as that of S3+K, perhaps due to the rather nebulous nature of Sonic CD. In S3+K, it feels as if there are definite obstacles, and I gain satisfation for figuring out how to overcome them. In Sonic CD, I feel as if I can overcome most obstacles by simply jumping over them. The gimmicks aren't very strongly implemented into the levels (with the obvious exception of Wacky Workbench) and some, like the walker and the shrink ray in Metal Madness, just aren't very interesting. The game's spindash and rate of acceleration aren't very fine-tuned, and the latter makes Starlight Speedway are very disorienting experience. The final boss is, ironically, unintimidating and rather uncreative. Finally, the inability to select specific time periods in Time Attack mode is a bit of a turn-off.

I'll give reasons for my other choices later.

Last edited:
Sonic & the secret rings
Sonic adventure dx
Sonic cd
Sonic r
Sonic 3
Mario Bros.
Mario Kart 64
Super Smash Bros. 64 & melee
Mario Party 3
Super monkey ball 2
Burnout Paradise
Sonic next gen
Lego Star wars The complete Saga
Star Wars Epi. 3
Lego batman
Lego Indiana Jones
Madden Series
I could pretty much go on forever.

Last edited:
My most favorites are Mario Paint, Pac Attack, Super Mario 3, Sonic & Knuckles
Collection, Sonic R, umm....OH! Sonic Adventure, SA2:Battle, Mario Sunshine, Gex: Enter the Gecko, Chu Chu Rocket, WarioWare, Inc., Earthworm Jim 3D for some DAYUM reason, Superman 64............APRIL FOOLS!
Super Magnetic Neo, and I think.....Castlevania 4.

My favorate games are the following...

Sonic Robo Blast 2
Sonic Unleashed (Ps3/Xbox360)
Ratchet and Clank future:Tools of Destruction
Ratchet and Clank future: A crack in time
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Adventure 1/Sonic adventure DX
Sonic adventure 2
Worms 4 mayhem
Halo CE and Halo 1 & 2
Dragonica
Sonic mega collection +
Runescape(Kinda)
Ratchet and Clank 1,2 and 3
Patapon 1 & 2
Secret agent clank
Ratchet and Clank Size matters
Daxter
Conker Bad fur day
Super Mario 64 and Super Mario galexy
Shadow the hedgehog
Sonic riders and Sonic Riders zero gravity
Sly 2 band of thieves and sly 3 honour among thieves
Sonic rush and Sonic rush adventure
LittleBigPlanet

LOTS OF GAMES!!!

Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Sonic Unleashed
Grand Theft Auto 4
Paper Mario - The Thousand Year Door

I dunno, I'd greatly appreciate listing out why, but a list of games in a topic like this seems perfectly fine.

Anyway, as for me.

• Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Incredible formula that somehow retains all the magic of 2D Zelda, despite all odds. Wonderful, memorable music. Large, painstakingly-detailed world. Interesting story that gives out more information about the history of Hyrule than almost any other Zelda game, and introduces several of the mainstay races of the series (ie, the Zora and the Goron at least, maybe the Gerudo and Kokiri as well). Oh, and honestly, given all the 3D Zelda games out there, this one still somehow remains the most fun, in spite of any flaws the latter entries may have fixed in gameplay mechanics. Perhaps the best damn game of all time - against all odds, it's really aged the past 11 years rather well.
  • Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX. Ocarina is by far the best 3D Zelda, but Link's Awakening is probably the best 2D one. I might be biased since it was my first Zelda, period, but something about Koholint Island just enchants me. Maybe it's the great vistas up north by the Wind Fish egg? Maybe it's the awesome music that really conveys a sense of adventure, despite its handicap of being 8-bit? The graphics are quite wonderful, too; great in grayscale, to say nothing of how awesome it looks in color for an 8-bit title. The plot is easily the most original of the series, too (well, except maybe Majora's Mask). No princess to save here - you're left on an island with no means of escape other than to wake the Wind Fish with 8 magical instruments, but the closer you come to your goal, the more you have to wonder if you're really doing the right thing. I can't think of any other Zelda which makes you even consider that beating the game might have unfortunate consequences. I might like this one even more than Ocarina, but it's a very close call.
  • Sonic CD. Great, colorful visuals. Large, open stages with interesting gimmicks abound. Not one, but two catchy soundtracks (JPN>US, though). Some of the most inventive bosses of any game ever. And of course, time travel, which takes the 14 core stages and multiplies it over by 4 (and the other 7 by 2, for a total of 70 stages - although it does feel like less, since a lot of the differences are subtle). A game that can be beaten in less than half-an-hour if you're rushing (believe me, I've done it), or give you a surprisingly large amount of places to explore if you're inclined to do that instead - especially since any given place you explore can be seen 4 different ways. Probably my favorite Sonic title.
  • Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I dunno if this is fair, since it's technically two games turned into one, but let's face it, this is what everyone thinks of when they hear Sonic 3 anyway. It's not quite as good as Sonic CD, personally, but it's a damn close second; 26 very intricate stages filled with inventive mechanics, secret rooms and passages galore, and, in probably the most impressive feat of any game, ever, the ability to play as alternate characters and get a significantly different experience from it. Not just "oh, this character jumps higher but runs slower", more like "oh, hey, if I play as Knuckles, I'm going down this entirely different and unfamiliar path! Cool!" Very few games even try to do that, let alone as well as Sonic 3 does. So yeah, definitely one of my favorites; not quite as good as Sonic CD, as I already said, but what it does, it does extremely well.
  • Super Mario World. Tons of stages, tons of secret levels and exits, tons of power-ups, tons of nostalgia. I really couldn't ask for anything more. The graphics and level design are, in my opinion, much better than that of Super Mario Bros. 3 (although I do give props to SMB3 for pulling most of the gameplay mechanic overhauls first - like jumping, dear God was that clunky in SMB1; it's SO much better in SMB3 onward), and considering SMB3 was already one of the best games ever, that can only mean SMW is as well.
  • Super Mario 64. The game that nearly single-handedly invented 3D platforming (yes, I'm aware of Jumping Flash!, shut up). The levels are a bit small by today's standards, but by God do they still hold up well. The way every stage has multiple goals which can be gone for, some when you first go to the stage without any concern for what you SHOULD be going for, is astounding. Not even weak **** like the Sonic series pulls, where it's "get 100 rings" or "beat the stage in X amount of time" (well, okay, it did have getting 100 coins in every stage, but still), but objectives that send you to vastly different parts of the stage each time, taking that small part of the level you already knew about and expanding upon it ever so cleverly. It's a game that was considered nigh untoppable for the longest time... and while there's no question that various aspects of the game mechanics have been improved in later games, even later Mario titles, I'd say the jury's still out on whether or not the game HAS been topped.
  • Doom. As a whole, anyway (consolidating the first game, the second one, the "Final Doom" games and every add-on pack that's ever come out for any of the above). Simple, straightforward, no-nonsense gameplay: you start at point A, the exit's at point B, and there's a ****load of monsters between these two points; have at them. Mixed up a bit with some rudimentary puzzles (can't go to point B right away; need to go to point C to get the card key to open the door to B... but can't get to C, because you need to raise the bridge to it, and the switch is at point D... et cetera), which keeps things at least somewhat fresh, and tons of secret rooms (man, do I enjoy finding those). It does get a bit tiresome after a few hours (if I had a nickel for every time I've done MAP02 of Doom 2...), but those few hours are pure, visceral awesomeness, and totally worth revisiting every now and then.
  • Team Fortress 2. There's no multiplayer FPS like it, which is a shame, because it's one of the best games I've ever played. 9 classes, all playing significantly differently but who complement each other's gameplay styles nearly perfectly. A team isn't going to succeed without a healthy mix of the classes working together cohesively, and that's honestly where it really shines, especially when your team is doing well (and consequently one of its downsides - when your team is sucking and there's nothing you can do about it, because they just don't work together very well). And it will be a team that succeeds, not one lone gunman who happens to outclass the entire enemy team - every class has its weakness, so all it'll take to take down that lone gunman is his counter-class... unless his team is backing him up, in which case you'll have to take down his entire team to take him out. To say nothing of the style of the game, especially now that it's out of that "desert industrial" rut it was in when it launched. Every class has a distinct (and somewhat exaggerated) personality, and it shows. I swear this game has more personality to it than some SINGLE-PLAYER games, which is a tremendous feat, considering most multiplayer games tend to treat you as if you were an AFGNCAAP. The constant (if inconsistent) updates help keep it popular, so it's not like it's going anywhere any time soon.
  • Panzer Dragoon Saga. Shame it's like $200 and very tricky to emulate at full-speed, because this game is just incredible. Short (seriously, I beat it in like 15 hours), and admittedly a bit too easy, but one helluva ride. Great music, incredible world (aesthetically, anyway), literally no filler (well, that prolonged "let's ride a hoverbike with Azel" segment on Disc 2 was a bit annoying, but it at least delivered some important plot points), tons of in-game lore to read, and one of the best, most-action-packed battle systems I've seen in any RPG - where your position means as much as any other stat, and it has to be constantly changed in real-time (although moving around prevents your attack bars from charging, so don't go crazy with it). And you can emphasize any stat you want, as well, because your dragon morphs, too. Really, when Saturn emulation gets to be good enough (and it's making some huge strides, lemme tell ya - SSF is nearly pixel-perfect), this is a definite must-play for anyone and everyone. It might even be as good as, if not better than...
  • Chrono Trigger. I'm pretty sure everyone here and their grandmother has played this one, unlike PDS, but that hasn't stopped me from raving about the other titles in this list. It's similarly short (much longer than PDS, at least), but likewise has little to no filler in it - everything that happens has purpose to the plot in some way, shape or form. Plus, it's a plot that spans multiple time periods, and it pulls it off so very well. Every player character is incredibly unique, as well, leading to a wide variety of different ways to tackle the game (I personally wound up using Chrono and Frog nearly religiously, personally; as for the third player, either Magus or Ayla). Plus, multiple endings (some of which are pretty damn funny), and even more importantly, New Game +, so you can experience these new endings without having to start the game all over again - plotwise you do, but statwise you don't, making what would otherwise be a rather tedious task very much an enjoyable breeze. Another must-play RPG, and unlike Panzer Dragoon Saga, you have no excuse for not having played this, given the ease of SNES emulation and the multiple rereleases (for those who prefer a legal approach, like myself).
Anyway, I think I've sung the praises of enough games - which is a shame, because there are so many other good games I can't really get to praise (like Day of the Tentacle, or The Incredible Machine, or the Half-Life series, or Radiant Silvergun, or...)

tl;dr:

• Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
  • Sonic CD
  • Sonic 3 & Knuckles
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario 64
  • Doom
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Panzer Dragoon Saga
  • Chrono Trigger
And if I had to recommend only one of these titles to play, I'd probably recommend Ocarina of Time. Jesus, I love that game.

I have three,

The World Ends With You: Good gameplay, excelent story and a amazing urban style.

Kingdom Heart 358 days over two: I really like the atmosphere and the characters, its a really good work...Sora is girly...Roxas too XD

Phoenix Wright: I love its story, I played Apollo Justice and Phoenix Wright 1...I'm actually playing Justice for all but my R4 is...well...really bad

I have The Conduit and SSBB but I'm lazy LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back