Resource icon

[Open Assets] Rather Colorful Encore

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Twins'R'Okay

Mid-tier Pixel Artist
Okay, so SRB2Kart has a nice encore mode, with the bulk of the color palettes being fantastic homages to previous stages as well as some great palettes in general.

The other parts of the encore mode, however, are filled with glaring issues of color clash, broken color-ramps, or bad color choices all together, while I understand that SRB2 palette is oddly limited in the sense that there can be too much or too little highlight and shadow colors, Some of these palettes are still filled with issues that I've decided to fix

This wad tries to overhaul some of the worst offenders (imo) and tweaks other encore palettes to have better colorramps, very little color-clash, etc.

PALETTES THAT WERE OVERHAULED:
Green Hills
Dark Race
Silvercloud Island
Toxic Palace
Volcano Valley
Kodachrome Void
CK Chao Garden 1
CK Chao Garden 2
Red Barrage Area (This was sorta overhauled in the sense that most of the palette was changed)

PALETTES THAT WERE TWEAKED:
Sunbeam Paradise (This walks across a fine line between tweak and overhaul tbh)
Diamond Square
Twinkle Circuit
Blue Mountain
Aurora Atoll
Virtual Highway (I T R I E D)
Boiling Bedrock
KKR Ganbare Dochu (to be removed, there was an attempt to fix this one, but it happened to effect unrelated things and what not, and I simply forgot to remove it.)

Attachments

• K_RatherColorfulEncore_V1.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 506
  • kart0017.png
    kart0017.png
    58 KB · Views: 1,484
  • kart0035.png
    kart0035.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,126
  • kart0021.png
    kart0021.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,334
  • kart0038.png
    kart0038.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,278
Last edited:
I was a bit wary about allowing recolors into releases... but we've had palette releases in the past, so why not encore palettes, I guess? Welcome to releases!

But the other palettes. Are just. bad. complete garbage amounts of bad.

This kind of attitude is exactly how you get the devs to not even consider potentially including your changes at all. Oh well, you just got rid of a lot of my favorites anyway, so we aren't missing out :V

Last edited:
fair

This kind of attitude is exactly how you get the devs to not even consider potentially including your changes at all. Oh well, you just got rid of a lot of my favorites anyway, so we aren't missing out :V

I....

uh...

okay fair point, a lot of these were made out of pure preference
(edited first post for clarification)

Last edited:
Yeesh, Talk About Entitlement...

Okay, I can get being proud of your work - I was once, too (I was also proud of myself but things change with age xd) - but this thread feels a bit less like "I like this" and a lot more like "I'm da bess"

Congratulations on release, but if you want people to like you and your content, you could really put in a little bit of effort into not coming off as an egotistical forum kid. I speak from experience when I say you don't even have to be actively hostile to get toasted, heheh.

The palettes exist, and some are pretty neat. Maybe I'll use them occasionally. I'll probably have to download them to join every other Kart server from now on though so I'm actually quite angy about this.

Ultimately decided to rewrite it after a few days.

I had no idea people would react like this at the time and now I feel doubly stupid.

I apologize for any bad thing caused by the previous desc. (imo the judges should've caught this so I could fix it sooner lmao)

Imagine bashing something this hard and then offering up a commodore 64 sewage system for Volcanic Valley

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back