SRB2Mac Critical Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

23toon

Whenever I play SRB2Mac on my Mac, I get a Critical Error.
I'm using the SRB2Mac from here.
I check my logs and this is all it shows:

Compiled for SDL version: 1.2.14
Linked with SDL version: 1.2.14
Setting up SRB2...
Looking for WADs in: SRB2WADDIR
Z_Init(): Init zone memory allocation daemon.
System memory: 48MB - Free: 48MB
I_StartupTimer()...
W_InitMultipleFiles(): Adding IWAD and main PWADs.
Added file /Users/Kevin/srb2/Srb2mac.app/Contents/Resources/srb2.srb (6190 lumps)
Loading main config from /Users/Kevin/srb2/Srb2mac.app/Contents/Resources/srb2.srb
Added file /Users/Kevin/srb2/Srb2mac.app/Contents/Resources/zones.dta (959 lumps)
Loading main config from /Users/Kevin/srb2/Srb2mac.app/Contents/Resources/zones.dta
Added file /Users/Kevin/srb2/Srb2mac.app/Contents/Resources/player.dta (517 lumps)
Added file /Users/Kevin/srb2/Srb2mac.app/Contents/Resources/rings.dta (444 lumps)
ERROR: Can't read wad header from /Users/Kevin/srb2/Srb2mac.app/Contents/Resources/patch.dta because Undefined error: 0
Added file /Users/Kevin/srb2/Srb2mac.app/Contents/Resources/music.dta (171 lumps)

Can anyone help? :(

I'm having the exact same problem after downloading the latest version. Tried copying over patch.dta from the original 2.1 Mac package to the new one and that didn't work. Any suggestions Alam?

I'm fairly certain that that build hasn't been updated in years. You will need to build from the Xcode project or makefile by pulling the source to get the latest version.

I am almost done porting the SDL code to SDL 2, and better Mac support will be coming if we can get some testers with the build environment installed to help out. I do not own a Mac of any kind, myself.

Alam had been building new packages for it everytime a new version is released but something broke it between 2.1 and 2.1.3

It is missing the patch.dta wad file, please extract it from the SFX-ZIP patch, and add it to the app's resources folder

Sorry I'm kind of a noob, where might I get SFX-ZIP patch?
Also, there's a patch.dta file in the app's resources folder already.

EDIT: Also, if there's no solution, I have Wine on Mac and I get play the Windows version if there's no solution. It's just that I prefer the actual program compared to the Wine version.

Last edited:
Try try Again

Let Try again, v2.1.4: http://alam.srb2.org/SRB2_mac/Srb2mac.dmg

and to note why no testing? I can only access the Mac system via SSH most of the time and just execute xcodebuild to compile the XCode project via command line to build the binary/DMG and upload what comes out, so if it still broken, it is still broken, MUHAHAHAH!

Alright so it worked basically, but when I opened it, it opened full screen and then crashed, which is probably a common problem. How can I open it in windowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back