Favorite Mario Kart Track?

It's a boring near-straight line with boring music.

Which is different from the Figure-8 Circuit, which was a boring near-straight line with pretty decent music.

Yoshi Falls is completely boring and uninteresting in every way.

And on a different note, my favorite track has always been Sky Garden on MKSC (though that may be just because the music is awesome), with Waluigi Pinball on MKDS coming with a close second.

Speaking of which, it may be possible to incorporate a pinball themed race in SRB2, though it'd have to be designed differently than the course it's based on.

I can already see polyobjects coming in handy for the flippers, so I'd say it's doable.

Here are my favorites tracks from all the games:

Super Mario Kart:
Undecided. Yeah, it's the game that started it all, so that's really good, but the stages themselves are pretty boring by modern standards. Ghost Valley 1 and Rainbow Road are cool, though.

Mario Kart 64:
It's been a while since I played this one, and I never tried all the tracks. Of the tracks I've seen, I like Bowser Castle a lot.

Mario Kart Super Circuit:
Haven't played it. All I know about it comes from the Retro Cups in later games. I guess my favorite would be Sky Garden.

Mario Kart Double Dash:
Man, I love so many stages from this game. My favorites would have to be Mushroom City, Rainbow Road, and Wario Colosseum.

Mario Kart DS:
Waluigi Pinball, Airship Fortress, and Bowser Castle were my favorites here.

Mario Kart Wii:
Hmm, let's see...Coconut Mall, Koopa Cape, Moonview Highway, and Bowser's Castle. There are other stages that I like for other reasons, too...Maple Treeway makes it look like the race is going on in New England, which would mean the characters are right in my backyard. Also, Wario's Gold Mine always reminds me of Compactor Reactor from Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex. In fact, whenever I play that level, I hum the Compactor Reactor music.

I like Coconut Mall, Luigi Circuit (MK64) and... Rainbow Road Wii/Double Dash. I can't remember if Wii or DD had that big cannon thing that shoots you upwards... I think it's Wii.

Do we seriously leave Fawfulfan all alone to say the important stuff?

I would like to reiterate: Don't port. Now, there's definitely a lot of stuff you can learn from Mario Kart. The first thing that comes to mind is the large sense of scale. Mario Kart games are great at making huge, ginormous levels that you get immersed in. Taking that into SRB2 could be a great idea!

To a lesser extent, you could also try to translate gimmicks from Mario Kart to your levels. Rainbow Road seems to always have something which is an awful lot like a zoom tube. Ditto for the cannon levels. Also, I think force-spin pads with a small wind block (or conveyor?) could make some great boost pads.

Seriously though. Don't port. 10 times out of 9 I'd rather just play the real game, even if your port is faithful.

10 times out of 9
lolwut

Anyways, I just played again and I have one more course. Moonview Highway

It has an interesting start with several paths to choose from. Cars are realisticly going fast and of course, there are tons of cars.
The boost section was pretty fun too.

Along with other people in this thread, I actually prefered Double Dash!!'s course design to most of the other ones. I just always liked it for some reason.

I liked almost everything in Double Dash. The tag teaming...

Also, some of the Double Dash tracks are pretty hard for new people. I remember playing some boat level and everyone had no idea where to go. In Mario Kart Wii, everyone knew exactly where to go.

I liked almost everything in Double Dash. The tag teaming...

Also, some of the Double Dash tracks are pretty hard for new people. I remember playing some boat level and everyone had no idea where to go. In Mario Kart Wii, everyone knew exactly where to go.
I think I know what you're talking about, Daisy Cruise I believe its called

Oh wow, let's see... I guess I can tell you what my favorite tracks where.

Super Mario Kart:
I have not played this in forever, but I definally remember the good times when I played this. I have several favorites for this one, but the overall favorite track(s) would be Koopa Beaches, Chocoland Lands and, of course, Rainbow Road.

Battle Stages:
Agh, which one was it...? I think it was Battle Course 3 that was a beach theme. My memory is a little fuzzy on that, but I always played with my brother on that stage.

Mario Kart 64:
I have this downloaded on my Wii and I played it to death on the 64. I can go on and on with this, but I would just bore you (if I haven't already). *shot* But anyways, I really did like Toads Turnpike because that you were driving in traffic. Rainbow Road was fine, but I found it too easy. But I loved Wario Stadium because of how big it is and how fun it was to jump the wall to get a jump into first. =P

Battle Stage:
Block Fort and the Double Deck stage (I think that's what it is called, but I won't worry about it). Spent most of my battle time on those two. Sky Scraper is boring to me, but still fun to launch your foes into the pits with a red shell.

Mario Kart Super Circuit:
Never did play this one... But while playing the Retro Stages on Mario Kart Wii and DS, I have to say that Sky Garden is my favorite.

Battle Stage:
Never did play any of them.

Mario Kart Double Dash!!:
Oh wow... This one was pretty fun. I really have no favorite stages on this, but the Sherbert place (again, don't know the name of the stages) was pretty much the only stage I liked.

Battle Stages:
Most of these stages were too crampped to me... Pipe Plaza was pretty much the only one I would play on.

Mario Kart DS:
I spend HOURS playing this, even on Wi-fi! The only thing that annoyed me was the snaking... But I learned how to snake myself and end up with a broken R trigger. >.< My stages were Wario Stadium, Air Ship Fortress, Tick Tock Clock, Shroom Ridge, and Rainbow Road.

Battle Stages:
Blah... These were pretty boring. But I suppose Twilight House was decent.

Mario Kart Wii:
I still play this today. I would have to say that all of stages were my favorite. But if I have to pick one, it would be Koppa Cape. The music on the stage is fun and really up beat. =P I find myself fighting to get that stage on Wi-fi, until I got tired and just went random.

Battle Stages:
The only decent one I would play is the new Block Fort, and maybe Funky Stadium. If It is coin battle, it is Cookie Land. Why? It's small and when you get enough people to play it can be really chaotic. xD

Mario Kart 3DS:
*Shot for the game not being out yet* x.x;

But yeah, that is my list of favorites.

Mario Kart Wii:
1) Rainbow Road -- Several good shortcuts here :)
2) Peach Gardens -- EXCELLENT SHORTCUT HERE LOVE IT!!!
3) Bowser's Castle -- A good course to speed up
4) Koopa Cape -- Can shorten the course for you if you get lucky ;)

I'm gonna go with Peach Beach and Delfino Square

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Although Luigi Circuit (Wii) and Moo Moo Meadows aren't bad either.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back